Ron gets lucky

Started by Maxed Out, July 28, 2022, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Good fishing you guys are having.

You can catch those fish with a mooching reel but you would have a long day and be sore catching a few let alone trying to fill the boat.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Wally15

Quote from: Hardy Boy on July 31, 2022, 07:24:45 PMYou can catch those fish with a mooching reel but you would have a long day and be sore catching a few let alone trying to fill the boat.
I can attest to that! Why these Canuck fishermen are so into self-flagellation is beyond me. Must be the brain freeze.  ;D  ;D
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Hardy Boy

Cold preserves brain function . The heat of the South ........ I'm not so sure..... >:D

I'll see you later this month and we can continue the debate. :d

Cheers

Todd
Todd

Wally15

Quote from: Hardy Boy on August 01, 2022, 10:14:43 PMCold preserves brain function . The heat of the South ........ I'm not so sure..... >:D

Cheers

Todd
Think I'll ask Alan to assign us to the same room. I kinda like being the smartest and best looking guy in the room. It happens so seldom.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

mo65

Great fishin' fellas!  :d
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Great fishing-great fun read.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Quote from: Wally15 on August 02, 2022, 01:24:01 AM
Quote from: Hardy Boy on August 01, 2022, 10:14:43 PMCold preserves brain function . The heat of the South ........ I'm not so sure..... >:D

Cheers

Todd
Think I'll ask Alan to assign us to the same room. I kinda like being the smartest and best looking guy in the room. It happens so seldom.
GA Mike
I hear ya dude,  that's why I room with Ron, he makes me look good.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

According to Roger Penske —-

"My definition of "Luck" is when preparation meets opportunity.

Good fishing guys!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

GA Mike
[/quote]
We all know you don't have that experience when I'm around! And according to Mark, that means you're in Third!
 :d
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

The master chief strikes again, but his 13# king was crushed by Steve's 17#
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

I can't tell you all what a beautiful fish Steve's King was.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

Steve and Ron couldn't make it today for the last day in the best area, so I figured I'd give it a shot going solo. Water was flat and overcast made for nice day.

I ran for about 37 miles and fished for 10 minutes, then ran back home 37 miles with a nice fat 17# hen.

This coulda been you Ron !!

2nd pic I was running at 30knts !!

Brewcrafter

Nice one Ted!  And conditions look beautiful; your boat rides great anyway but I am guessing that morning it was a 30 knot feather bed!! Dare I ask what you hooked it on, was it one of your customized spoons? - john

Hardy Boy

Wow flat !, it was windy hear yesterday. Nice way to close it out.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Maxed Out

Quote from: Brewcrafter on August 05, 2022, 07:20:51 AMNice one Ted!  And conditions look beautiful; your boat rides great anyway but I am guessing that morning it was a 30 knot feather bed!! Dare I ask what you hooked it on, was it one of your customized spoons? - john

Hi John. The spot I'm fishing is same area we fished last summer. It is known for being the largest needlefish beds in the PNW. The best lures to use will be trying to mimmick that bait.  Keeping the gear very close to bottom is key. 5' off bottom will get me nuttin

Here's a couple that produce, but for the "coho killer" the hook is way too small for kings, so I put a 4/0 siwash hook on it. The big hook stops the spoon from wiggling, so I give it a special bend so it will flutter.  I use a long leader with the coho killer when fishing kings. Hot spot flasher and 60-70" leader.

The bucktail fly works well on bottom or suspended. Usually 35-40" behind a hot spot flasher