Ron gets lucky

Started by Maxed Out, July 28, 2022, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Had the pleasure of the Master Chief joining me for a morning bite. He musta brung his lucky rabbits foot, cause he caught some nice fish. Here's a sample
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

All kidding aside there was a couple Ron reeled in that were pushing 20#. We can only keep hatchery kings, and these big dudes were wild so away they went. We did eventually get our 3 hatchery kings.

Here's Ron's biggest king ever. It put up a good fight

Ron Jones

Thanks for posting Ted!
The Three Amigos are back at it with another Excellent Adventure. Single action reels certainly make for a new experience! I know everyone wants picks, but with as fast as Steve and Ted find fish there isn't a lot of time for "composition."

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Hardy Boy

Well if Ron can use a single action reel and mot complain then Peaches should be able to do so also !! Nice work guys on the CHINOOK  ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Maxed Out

Today was rinse lather and repeat.

All 3 fish were 12-15#, and Ron's was the biggest of the 3. He must have a lucky wabbit foot hiding somewhere

MarkT

Nice, another month and he can show off his YT skills!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ron Jones

I keep thinking about a yellowtail with a single action reel.
Talk about busted knuckles!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

You can try just about anything once!

Wally15

Quote from: Hardy Boy on July 28, 2022, 10:33:27 PMWell if Ron can use a single action reel and mot complain then Peaches should be able to do so also !! Nice work guys on the CHINOOK  ;D

Cheers:

Todd
I resemble that remark! I'll get you back in a month.
Peaches
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Hardy Boy

Nice springs. Good eaten size. Our chinook fishing has slowed down right now.Hope it picks up. I'm good with a single action reel and I would dread trying a yellow tail on one !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Aiala

Hmm... with regards to YTs on a single-speed:

Some years ago I took this:

Ohana'd it into this:

And pulled up this 48-lb Guadalupe model:

A heckuva fight, but it didn't beat me up hardly at all, so I'm sure all you big strong guys could single-speed 'em in with the greatest of ease (e.g. Porthos with his Monofils!)  8)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

steelfish

Quote from: Ron Jones on July 30, 2022, 01:45:45 AMI keep thinking about a yellowtail with a single action reel.
The Man

my two daughters of 14yo & 17yo, have caught YT on 113h and 320gti reels, just saying !    :d

btw, nice salmon, those fish are on my bucket list
The Baja Guy

MarkT

Big difference between single speed and single action!

Hardy Boy

Quote from: MarkT on July 30, 2022, 07:38:18 PMBig difference between single speed and single action!

You got that right. Not even the same thing. I know guys that did albacore on a mooching reel ............... one and done.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Ron Jones

[/quote]

You got that right. Not even the same thing. I know guys that did albacore on a mooching reel ............... one and done.
Todd
[/quote]
I would love to do that. I mean, people catch them on fly gear often, I don't see much of a difference.

Today was the third day in a row we limited. I swear Ted and Steve can smell the fish!
The Man
Ronald Jones
"