Main Menu

Hi al.

Started by Tom H, August 01, 2022, 07:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom H

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Tom Hill and I live in the North of Ireland. Been looking at the forum for a bit and decided to join up as I might be be on need of some help with a particular accurate 50w.

Wompus Cat

Welcome Tom ,from Deep in the Heart of Texas .U.S.A.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Brewcrafter

Welcome Tom from the SoCal Inland Empire. - john

Bill B

Good to have you here.  Bill, SoCal
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

Welcome aboard, Tom —-

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Welcome !!

Please tell us what kinds of fish you are targeting in North Ireland. Inquiring minds need to know

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Tom H

Quote from: Maxed Out on August 01, 2022, 05:30:13 PMWelcome !!

Please tell us what kinds of fish you are targeting in North Ireland. Inquiring minds need to know

Ted
We have a good run of giant BFT from now until say Christmas but North Atlantic storms are a pain in this part of the world.  you can only target them from certain licenced charter boats. We also have good few porbeagle sharks ( think salmon shark just without the spots)   Then common skate but it's hard work fishing for them as it's usually in 300ft and we need 8lb of lead just to hold bottom at  anchor. Then the smaller stuff like spiny dogfish plus tope a small inshore shark species up to about 60lb or so. Get a good mixed bag in the North West bit of Ireland but the east side is dead in comparison As it's b been reped clean by commercial boats. Guess which side of the island I live on lol.

happyhooker

Greetings, Tom, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

Dominick

Hi!  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Hi Tom, nice to have you with  us, if your having trouble, with the strong currant, try a thin smooth braid line, 16 strand, I think 60 Lbs is 0.29 of a mm, Welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tom H