DAM Quick 220

Started by foakes, August 11, 2022, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

The year was 1967.

DQ had a great run of success after WWII —- their production facility was destroyed by Allied bombing.  But they were able to rebuild in the late 40's and early 50's.

The products were the S.W. 68, 250 Standard, 240 Juniors, 270 Supers, 280 & 285 Finessas, and the 265 Microlite.  All good spinners.

But the angling world demanded more —- it was time to up their game —- and they did.

The 110, 220, 330, and 550 were developed and introduced.

Using superior materials, no compromises or shortcuts, and 4 generations of precise engineering by experienced machinists and engineers who were also fishermen —- the new series was an immediate hit across the globe.

Here is a 220 I put together this morning for our members.

$75 plus I will split the shipping.  So $80 Priority Mail delivered to your door.  Let me know if interested.

I have the largest inventory of DAM Quick parts that I know of anywhere.  300K - 400K parts, organized.

Plus I always have 600+ complete reels in the bins.

I have decided to restore one a day to offer to our members at a price point about 35% below normal pricing.  Fully serviced, every part cleaned and/or replaced —- tuned and ready.

Don't want to be the guy in the cemetery with the most reels and parts.  These reels need to be in someone's arsenal.

If a spinning reel of this quality and materials was available today — I expect it would be in the $250 to $300 range.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

A mint condition 220...tuned by the best Dam Quick guy on the planet...fer 80 bucks??? You better jump on that folks...a fantastic deal! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

The 220/221 would be my pick for a single all around freshwater spinner. Only have to get some extra spools to cover different line sizes used.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Quote from: mo65 on August 12, 2022, 01:02:38 PM  A mint condition 220...tuned by the best Dam Quick guy on the planet...fer 80 bucks??? You better jump on that folks...a fantastic deal! 8)

I have seen your work, Mo —-

It is excellent, and takes a back seat to no one...

And, the reel is sold to a member.

Thank You!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

I have a 220 ebay "ready to fish" special Fred had the parts to make it really ready to fish.Greg I also think it's my favorite freshwater reel,can handle anything I might catch