DAM Quick 3000 Champion

Started by foakes, August 17, 2022, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

The year was 1977.

This reel, the midsize in the series of Champions weighed in at 16.5 ounces.

Sports a skirted aluminum spool, all aircraft grade cast aluminum body and rotor (not pressed metal), steel worm drive, machined cut bronze main, over-sized main bearing, worm-pinion & main solidly supported, and more.

New parts, new complete spool, new crank assembly, basically a new reel serviced fully and ready to roll.

High Speed at 1:4.25, holds 225 yds of 12 pound mono, 175 of 15, 130 of 20, and 100 of 25.  With the aluminum skirted spool —- the line comes off the spool smooth and effortlessly.  This reel will handle braid very well.

$95 + I will split shipping cost.  So total to your door via Priority Mail would be $100.

No payment until you receive the reel and are satisfied with the result.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

oldmanjoe

The 3000 is just a nice size all around fishing reel .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Jpaw33

smazzola

Nice reel, I've been looking for the smaller model size, for trout. They do not come up to often. Fred, if you have anything let me know. Thanks
😄

foakes

Quote from: smazzola on April 29, 2023, 05:29:32 AMNice reel, I've been looking for the smaller model size, for trout. They do not come up to often. Fred, if you have anything let me know. Thanks

Do you know which model you might want, Steve?

For trout —- the 1000, 1001, 1202, 1400, 1401, 2000, & 2001 —- are excellent choices.

I have them all.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I have an unused 1001 in its original box and a really nice 2001 without its box I'd be willing to part with. Send me a PM if you're serious about acquiring one.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

smazzola

😄