DAM Quick 1202

Started by foakes, August 26, 2022, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

The year was 1983.

Th '01 & '02 series of (6) reels were merging together.

From the tiny 1001 to the massive and tough 5001 —- (3) new reels would take up some of the model space in between.

These were the '02 Series —- and included the 1202, 2002, and 3002.

These reels boasted some very unique features. 

A "fold-down" bail to reduce bail spring pressure when stored

Machine cut SS & bronze worm drive gears

High speed at 1:5

A new graphite Petticoat spool that keeps line from getting behind the spool

Oversized disc brake drag on top and under the spool

A "bite indicator" line flange (this really works well)

A spring-loaded fold down handle

Adjustable line winding points for perfect line-lay when using thick or fine line

Manual bail closing feature to either close the bail by cranking or by pushing it closed by hand

All metal —- aircraft grade aluminum, SS, bronze

Only 12 ounces

330 yds of 4 lb. Mono, 175 yds of 8 lb., 100 yds of 12 lb..

This is likely the most under-appreciated and under-produced reel from the "quality golden years" of DAM Quick.

This reel is absolutely one of my all-time favorites.

A rare reel and it checks all the boxes.

Here is a new one with the box and the even rarer owners manual that explains all (6) reel.

I removed all of the old original factory grease, did a complete pre-fish service.

$125 + I will split the shipping.

So figure $130 delivered via USPS Priority to your door.

Let me know.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Nice reel, Fred! I wish the economy didn't suck so much right now and in- and shrink- flation weren't so bad. That's a tough reel to come by.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sandbar

Fred,
If this is not already sold , I would like to purchase it
                                              -Steve

foakes

It's yours, Steve —-

Thank You!

It will go out Monday.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Thank You Fred. I can't wait to receive it. Do you have a recommendation for the perfect rod to pair it with?

foakes

Lots of good rods out there, Steve —-

My choices would include for sure a quality glass rod in the 6.5' to 7' range.  Brands of choice would be Fenwick, Wright-McGill, Conolon, or an UglyStik.

There is a problem with this reel however —-

With the size between a 1401 & a 1001 —- which is overlooked by most manufacturers —- plus the unique features, smoothness, and perfect balance of this DQ 1202 —- this may become your favorite reel...

Let us know what rod you pair it with.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.