My happy place

Started by Maxed Out, September 03, 2022, 12:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

"...We're all searching for that sssaaaamme rainbow's end"...(Moon River", Johnny Mercer 1961). My pot of gold is out there.
I love that picture you put up Ted. People have their favorite man-made stuff and their nature stuff, why not put 'em together? Got me thinkin I could do it maybe next to my work area. Also like how you have your line on a roller down below.
Hey aren't those a couple of Pro-Gear reels? Thanks again for the loan, Buddy.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jurelometer

Quote from: Maxed Out on September 03, 2022, 10:54:54 PMPlease hijack this thread with your own happy places!!

Bow of the panga, between drifts,  on a calm Baja morning.  Maybe a few cabrilla and pargo splashing off the beach, maybe not.  It's all good...

-J

54bullseye

Nice winter "Happy Place" Ted !! I have one to in my cellar very close to my wood stove with a few reels kicking around and fortunately 4 or 5 reels hot rodded by SAL are in the mix !! This was my happy place on Friday Sept. 2nd out on Jeffries Ledge off Seabrook NH. They opened the Cod season early and we hit them pretty good. Mine won the pool on our charter that day for $460.00 !!!!  Happy Place :d  Hope you all have your happy places !    Good Luck   John Taylor

Tile

My happy place. The dam located in my hometown. Many seasons and countless trips and plenty of memories
In solid fiberglass we trust

thorhammer

Seeing ya'll in a happy place puts me in a happy place. I don't know everyone on here, but Ted has never laid eyes on me and has been as much a top shelf friend as a person could ask for. I'm in his debt, for certain. One day I will darken his door to catch a sammon.

Love seeing Greg on the yak; G-Fish has been kind to me over the years. Tight lines, bud!

JT, well, we can only hope to see a full movie of his collection one day.

I wish you all a safe Labor Day, hopefully in your happy place.

Sal was a selfless, strong willed, kind-hearted, gracious human being. Like Ted, and I'm sure many others, I have Sal talismans in easy reach on my bench- along with a lot of others from a lot of Ohana. Whether I'm in the home shop or in the woods, there they are.

I'm not able to really fish right now, but some of the guys here text me to catch up and it means a lot.

Bill B

My happy place is with friends.  Here's Alan, his brother Ed, and myself on last years 8 day.  A lot of firsts on that trip, the first of many fish species, first 8 day, and many more.   :d Here's a frosty drink to the friends we have and have lost.

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

54bullseye

Nice picture Bill !! Were there fish involved ???   John

Ron Jones

Quote from: Maxed Out on September 03, 2022, 10:54:54 PMActually my happiest place is on the boat or at the cleaning table(been there a lot lately)

Please hijack this thread with your own happy places!!
He's not lying about the cleaning table. This man is a wizard with a filet or breaking knife. You can tell, because he isn't a knife snob; but you really can't appreciate speed and accuracy until you watch Ted fillet a lingcod.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shellbelly

I'm pretty happy here waiting on that redfish to quit playing around and eat a blue crab.

I like to get artsy with shells I pick up.

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

JasonGotaProblem

The more I think about it the more I realize mine is just out on my lip green kayak, away from people. I like fishing with people too, but I'm finding I love getting out alone.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

You have a good eye and imagination .    I like that piece ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Ron Jones

Wayne found my happy place this morning. (yeah, we don't need anything from the cheap seats! :) )
https://alantani.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=37142"
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jgp12000

Your display looks great Ted, if those reels could talk!