My happy place

Started by Maxed Out, September 03, 2022, 12:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

It's just one corner of a clutter filled room that nobody sees but me. I got the glass display case about 10 years ago on ebay and it was "local delivery only" so I grabbed it for $100 even though it was 90 mile round trip to go fetch it. The lady had her dad with her. A WWII veteran. He told me he bought the glass case on long island back in the 80's at an antique store. Anyways, I had no place for it. Then one day I brought home some driftwood from a friend's private beach and got out my chainsaw and cut the pieces to kinda sorta fit together. Stained it and set it in the corner. After a couple years I added a few things on the walls around it and a few more reels. It's my happy place, especially during long cold winter.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Here is closer look at my harem. The red Cortez 99 in the middle under glass is the centerpiece. Built by Sal as he was fighting cancer

foakes

That is beautiful, Ted!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shellbelly

REALLY nice!  Looks like you're ready for more timber.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

MarkT

Very cool! Great corner... now, de-clutter the rest of the room and make it deserve that corner!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wompus Cat

So that's where the Rabbit Hole comes out !
Nice Harem  Herr Theodore  :fish
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

PacRat

WOW...is that your boat Ted? Almost looks like a window. Are those photo tiles?

Swami805

Looks great Ted, some real beauties in there
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

;D    Very nice display , But clutter filled , ya need more practice .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Maxed Out

Quote from: PacRat on September 03, 2022, 04:00:22 AMWOW...is that your boat Ted? Almost looks like a window. Are those photo tiles?

Hi Mike, good eye. Yes, it is my boat. The room only has one small window, so I tried making this look like a window.  Those are metal tiles done by a place in the Midwest.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Ron Jones

Looks like a great spot!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Cor

Great display.
Something to be proud of and enjoy.
Cornelis

Maxed Out

Actually my happiest place is on the boat or at the cleaning table(been there a lot lately)

Please hijack this thread with your own happy places!!