Someone build something!

Started by JasonGotaProblem, September 08, 2022, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

I'm planning on another 2500C build here soon, this will be from all new parts with the exception of the pinion yoke and clutch button.  I'll post a thread on it.  It didn't cross my mind until I got these new old stock 2500C IAR side plates last week.  I have a whole checklist of parts that I'm going to order, and with the current exchange rate with the yen, now is the time to do it!

JasonGotaProblem

Interesting, I look forward to seeing it. There's a 2500c that's on for sale locally. And i want it. But I gotta stop. 
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

tincanary

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 12, 2022, 12:14:16 AMInteresting, I look forward to seeing it. There's a 2500c that's on for sale locally. And i want it. But I gotta stop. 

If you can get it for $100 or less, it's well worth it.  This reel is a rarity in that any upgrades add significant value to them.  The they go for $1000+ depending on the parts used.

CooldadE

I need to get off my duff ! I've got parts for 3 custom Penn reels. A XN Jiggy with silver Cortez plates, a full size 112H with Tiburon frame and ice blue Cortez plates and a 113H YTS with a Maxed Out YTS kit,Tiburon spool and Silver Accurate side plates. All have double dogs, upgraded drags and SS internals. I have all I need but lack motivation ...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 09, 2022, 11:19:06 AM...... and these projects (both my own, and living vicariously through you guys) help keep me from getting stuck in the negative places ...

I understand you amigo, Im not taking pills but oooh man!! there are days that are pretty hard and coming to At.com helps to forget for a moment the kids, wife, job, payments, etc not that I have problems in my marriage or big problems with the kids but you guys might understand, there are days that all small problems coordinate to happen on the same time and kick your butt big time.

when you are actually Repairing a reel not just servicing it that make you focus and think on how to make it work again, it makes you forget everything else so thats a big help.
for me Rod building is the same but 5x   ;D,  well maybe thats why I like to build my fishing rods "kind of" unique in a way that some one will see them from many feet away and will know its a custom rod not something from the store racks.

The Baja Guy

DougK

Quote from: tincanary on September 12, 2022, 12:17:29 AM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 12, 2022, 12:14:16 AMInteresting, I look forward to seeing it. There's a 2500c that's on for sale locally. And i want it. But I gotta stop. 

If you can get it for $100 or less, it's well worth it.  This reel is a rarity in that any upgrades add significant value to them.  The they go for $1000+ depending on the parts used.

never yet seen a 2500 for under $100.. would have bought it ;-)

Instead there's a grimy old 3500 on my workbench waiting its turn. Still need to get the lightweight spool for it also..

really enjoy fishing the 4600C4 with its light spool, throwing 1/16oz or so for trout.. here with a small cutthroat from a lake at 12 000ft.. 

tincanary

Quote from: DougK on September 22, 2022, 06:18:24 PMnever yet seen a 2500 for under $100.. would have bought it ;-)

Instead there's a grimy old 3500 on my workbench waiting its turn. Still need to get the lightweight spool for it also..

really enjoy fishing the 4600C4 with its light spool, throwing 1/16oz or so for trout.. here with a small cutthroat from a lake at 12 000ft.. 

Those Kuying rods are pretty great aren't they?  I have a the 6'6" L model and it's a great all-rounder, probably my most used rod when I'm not fishing skinny water.