Someone build something!

Started by JasonGotaProblem, September 08, 2022, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Haven't seen much by way of new projects lately. I assume that's because everyone is out fishing. What have you built or restored lately? Post some pics!
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thorhammer

Caught one kitty in the last month, on a jigging spoon. Rebuilding decks and docks, replacing hot water heaters, boat hull compounding, replaced a prop, yardwork. What little tackle time I've had was repairing a half dozen of my buddie's rods the kids use, and servicing eight of his reels that may been better served as pinfish reefs except there were a couple of Penn's in there I felt could be recovered. Not much to take pics of for here but I do have a couple of Abu projects I'll get up.

Swami805

I built E0AC92A5-A3F5-4EA6-BAF7-123C2567DDED.jpeg some selves for my Newells out of some material I scrounged. Nothing fancy but better than being stuffed in a drawer
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

The Baja Guy

tincanary

nelz

Holy #$%& Tinman, how much ya got invested in all those custom parts?!!!

Wompus Cat

Here is a Rebuild . 8)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

tincanary

Quote from: Wompus Cat on September 08, 2022, 10:41:24 PMHere is a Rebuild . 8)

Great job!  Looks like it lived in a pineapple under the sea in a past life lol

tincanary

Quote from: nelz on September 08, 2022, 10:06:33 PMHoly #$%& Tinman, how much ya got invested in all those custom parts?!!!

$390.  Yeah, these do cost a fair bit of coin to update, but when I look back at all the money I used to spend modifying cars, it's a drop in the bucket.  I scored the reel on Facebook for $50 from a guy in Ohio.  He asked if I would be interested when he finds more, says he finds them often.  I said hell yes, send them my way. 

JasonGotaProblem

Thanks guys. This past year has been super rough for me. My mental health is not where it should be, with my depression no longer well controlled. and these projects (both my own, and living vicariously through you guys) help keep me from getting stuck in the negative places in my own head as the docs experiment with different chemical cocktails to level me out.

It ain't "cheaper than therapy" its probably comparable in price. But why do one when you can do both at twice the price?

nelz

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 09, 2022, 11:19:06 AMThanks guys. This past year has been super rough for me. My mental health is not where it should be, with my depression no longer well controlled. and these projects (both my own, and living vicariously through you guys) help keep me from getting stuck in the negative places in my own head as the docs experiment with different chemical cocktails to level me out.

Wow Jason, who knew this hobby/site could be so therapeutic!

I heard this doctor on a PBS show (Dr. Amen) say that a brain scan is necessary to accurately prescribe the correct drug(s). He said without one, the docs are just guessing and can actually make things worse because specific meds are needed depending on what the scan reveals. You may want to look into that.

Meantime, why don't you go to flea markets or garage sales and pick up an old reel in need of some love and get on it?

Hang in there bro!  :cf

JasonGotaProblem

Sorry, I derailed my own thread. Here's a rod I finished recently. 10' crappie rod rebuilt as a vanity project spinning rod. Total noodle, no backbone at all. But even small catfish are fun on it, and that was the point. It matches well with the ss700. Though once the novelty wears off I'm sure the 7 will return to something better suited for casting.

I've been playing with doing crazy marbling then going over it with black tinted epoxy, and you get an end result that's still wild but more subtle.

Wompus Cat

Well it is PURDY !
Kinda looks like one of the Far Away Galaxies the New Space Scope is Showing Recently when you ZOOOOM INNN. :d
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Wishing you well JASON, going by all the posts you have poste on this forum, its quite plain to see, your a lot more intelligent than me, I dont have anytime to get negative, @ age 76, I spring out of bed every morning, & say, well I am going to learn something new today, dont take to much on, but keep yourself moving all day, wishing you well man, Henry love the restore you preformed on that old reel, must have been in the ocean for a couple of years great job, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

I liked the comparison/contrast between Tim & Henry's reels; both looked like lot's of fun and learning and both turned out great!
Movin and groovin outdoors keeps my frame of mind better. Walkin, bicyclin, kayakin, beach combin, and even collecting recyclables for $.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!