Daiwa Saltist drag system

Started by markhodges78, September 13, 2022, 02:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markhodges78

I posted this in the welcome thread when I introduced myself to the forum but thought it would be better suited to start a new post..

New to the forum but I have always serviced my own reels and im just now starting to offer it as a service to some of the local guides that fish mostly for Blue Catfish and target fish mainly 40lb and above. Right now I have 8 Daiwa Saltist LW20HA to clean / repair and I do not care for the drag on these reels! Does anyone know if any of the Ht-100 drag washers would make a good fit for these reels? I did find that the previous service that was done left the spring washers turned the same direction )) so fixing that helped some any suggestions the would make this reel better?

Thanks Mark

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Wompus Cat

I use the Drags I posted  the link to in the other post from Dawn at Smooth Drags and they work GREAT I do not grease them but it's up to you . Some peeps swear you need to but I don't grease my Brakes on my cars or trucks and they have worked just fine for over 50 years.
here is the link again in case you did not see it.

https://www.smoothdrag.com/wp/carbontex-price-list/
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

markhodges78

Quote from: Wompus Cat on September 13, 2022, 03:30:02 PMI use the Drags I posted  the link to in the other post from Dawn at Smooth Drags and they work GREAT I do not grease them but it's up to you . Some peeps swear you need to but I don't grease my Brakes on my cars or trucks and they have worked just fine for over 50 years.
here is the link again in case you did not see it.

https://www.smoothdrag.com/wp/carbontex-price-list/

I went back and look and yes you did post a link thank you . Also I believe that you and Jasongotaproblem are talking about the same set of drags so I will definitely look into that thanks..

Mark

sciaenops

The Carbontex sets (3+1) from Smoothdrag worked great in my non-level wind Saltists. Don't forget to replace the smaller one under the main gear.

markhodges78

Quote from: sciaenops on September 13, 2022, 09:57:37 PMThe Carbontex sets (3+1) from Smoothdrag worked great in my non-level wind Saltists. Don't forget to replace the smaller one under the main gear.

Yup I'm going to be placing an order today for 9 sets