My brother's birthday gift

Started by Alto Mare, February 11, 2012, 04:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I just got done assembling a Penn 750SS that I customized for my brother's 65th birthday, I will be giving it to him tonight. Nice baby brother huh.
Pictures don't do this one justice.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Awe Sal, thanks, but I'm 45 yrs. old. ;D  You think I'm 65? :o

Very nice gift. Love the all black.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

What kind of messed up reel is that, the spool is on sideways   :P
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 11, 2012, 05:21:35 PM
Awe Sal, thanks, but I'm 45 yrs. old. ;D  You think I'm 65? :o

Very nice gift. Love the all black.
You already have more than you can handle ;D. Yes the black looks sweet ;). He doesn't like to get on my boat, so I figure I put together a nice surf reel for him.
Quote from: Keta on February 11, 2012, 05:23:22 PM
What kind of messed up reel is that, the spool is on sideways   :P
Good one Lee ;D.
A buddy of mine fixes wheels on cars for a living, so I told him if he would paint it for me. The finish is supposed to be really tough, we'll see how that goes.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Not spinners though.  I don't know what happened to my spinners that I had in Hawaii.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

redsetta

Nice work Sal - as always. ;)
Coincidentally, I've just finished a Penn SS birthday gift for my brother too!
What are the chances?!
Not quite to your standards, but double silent dogs, CF drag upgrade (and under spool), new bearings, handle from Dawn etc...
He's coming down from the States in April, so I'll give it to him then.
He'll use it mainly off the beach in southern Baja for sierra, rooster fish etc.

Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Quote from: kamuwela on February 12, 2012, 08:23:17 AM
my birthday is next month.
Kamu, if you need one I'll make sure to pack an extra, if I ever get back to Hawaii  ;)
Quote from: redsetta on February 12, 2012, 09:21:28 AM
Nice work Sal - as always. ;)
Coincidentally, I've just finished a Penn SS birthday gift for my brother too!
What are the chances?!
Not quite to your standards, but double silent dogs, CF drag upgrade (and under spool), new bearings, handle from Dawn etc...
He's coming down from the States in April, so I'll give it to him then.
He'll use it mainly off the beach in southern Baja for sierra, rooster fish etc.

Cheers mate, Justin
That's funny Justin. Great minds think alike  ;D ;D

coastalobsession

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Jimmer

So is that reel powder coated? There had been a few discusions here before about that, but never got a consensus on if it would work due to loss of clearance, thickness of coating, etc.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Can't answer for Justin, but mine had a couple of coats of black and the same in clear ( no powder coats), clearance is not an issue. I don't know if it will last, I'm sure that my brother will keep me posted. I can tell you though that the same buddy touched up my rims on my 6 year old G35, using the same material and they still look sharp, but I only have 7,000 miles on that car :-\.

broadway

Love the black spool, Sal!  Your bro is gonna be one happy man, especially when he hooks into a monster with that beauty!
Sal, Like you said to Justin, great minds think alike... great gifts and nice of you guys to customize and make perfect for your bros.  I wish mine fished with me more cause when he does we have an all out blast... fish or no fish!
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 11, 2012, 04:47:25 PM
I just got done assembling a Penn 750SS that I customized for my brother's 65th birthday, I will be giving it to him tonight. Nice baby brother huh.
Sal:  What a great idea.  Now your baby brother can abuse his own reel :D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 15, 2012, 04:48:47 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 11, 2012, 04:47:25 PM
Sal:  What a great idea.  Now your baby brother can abuse his own reel :D.  Dominick
;D ;D ;D
You'll get yours ;)!