Help with main gear company

Started by tenderloin, September 28, 2022, 09:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenderloin

I picked up a few of these and was wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer and also if they are any good?  I also have the same for Newell reels. [attach id=116853]   Thank you

Swami805

I don't know who made them, Newells Packaging was different, could be accurate
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bluefish69

Alan at Pro Challenger made a bunch a while ago. I have a stock of them 5-1 & also 3.2 -1 next to me.

Mike - bluefish 69
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Rocket Dog

There was an eBay seller a few years ago selling sets, but I only saw the 4/0 sets. They were not made of high-quality SS. Give them a go and let us know how they perform.... and if there are any more. :d

Cor

When I saw the label, I thought "Smoothdrag" no idea why.
Cornelis

Hardy Boy

Does look like Smooth Drag label for sure.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

tenderloin

Thanks guys. Possibly relabeled product?  Gfish.. I got them from a friend.. Penn 500 and Newell 200-400 series. Plastic packaging was very old but the gears are shiny as can be. I replaced the plastic bag. They look excellent but as one person mentioned the quality of the SS might be suspect? I  will just try them

bluefish69

I'm really waiting to hear your answer. As far as I know they were tested by a member here that likes Newell reel like I do.

Mike Bluefish69
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Swami805

Here's the packaging from a Newell set. This was stapled to the bag
Do what you can with that you have where you are