The absurd things we make for our kids

Started by JasonGotaProblem, October 06, 2022, 04:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

I made my son a foam hammer to go with his Thor costume. Probably less than $10 in materials and probably 2-3 hours. Super lightweight. He hasnt seen it yet.

Have you made anything cool for your kids lately? Post pics!
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

philaroman

sweet,,,  perfectly reasonable, too
RC plane parts to make it fly, would be absurd  ;D ;D ;D

Cor

Looks a bit like a Lead hammer my father made and that was around our house forever.    What it was for I do not know, I grew up with it next to the toolbox.

I am sure your Son will be happy to play with it.
Cornelis

Gfish

Cool! Looks like cement to me. Can we see a picture of him in his costume with the hammer, latter-on?
I'd rather MAKE my grand kid's some toys, but started a college fund for both of them. Never too early. My Son's 3 yr. old get's a more advanced spincaster than the plastic Micky Mouse themed one I sent last year, when he hit's 4 in Feb.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

Quote from: Cor on October 06, 2022, 05:40:53 AMWhat it was for I do not know,
Probably a dead-blow hammer.  Useful for making heavy things conform to your wishes.

I made so much stuff for my boys from scraps of this and that.  It's amazing to watch how their imaginations take over and they create their own worlds.  The funny thing is we have to be kids in order to make those things.  Do we ever grow up?  Nah, what's the fun in that? 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

tincanary

Quote from: Cor on October 06, 2022, 05:40:53 AMLooks a bit like a Lead hammer my father made and that was around our house forever.    What it was for I do not know, I grew up with it next to the toolbox.

I am sure your Son will be happy to play with it.
We call that the BFH where I'm from.

JasonGotaProblem

Thanks guys. He LOVES IT. I used a grade stake wrapped in a burlap ribbon for the handle, the top is 2 pieces of foam glued together, then coated in epoxy and mica powder and clearcoated.

RC parts... Maybe next year.

JasonGotaProblem

As promised, the end result.

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

philaroman

I dunno, Man...   tragic wig choice!!!  :'( 
nowadays, photos are forever & he'll be a teenager, one day 
if not for cool hammer, I woulda' guessed Amazon Barbie  :o  

Gfish

Cool! Thanks. Hard to imagine a Viking ready with his war hammer, with a smile like that! Unless it's an evil smile or he's drank alota mead. "South-men!, Where are your Women and valuables!"
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!