Double-header on a 16ft inflatable...

Started by redsetta, February 12, 2012, 09:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

G'day all,
I received an email from a friend yesterday that I thought you might be interested in:

QuoteFeb. 9th, Bevan and I went marlin fishing out of the Bay of Islands, New Zealand, aboard the 16' inflatable dingy, Tenderizer.
We set out to catch some skipjacks to live-bait for marlin.
After live-baiting for a while, we ended up hooking a double of striped marlin.
After two hours on stand-up, we managed to subdue both of the marlin and pull them on board.
Bevan's fish weighed 97.2 kilos (215lbs) and mine weighed 109 kilos (240lbs).
It was a truly epic battle and experience!
Andrew

Good work eh!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

Amazing on that small Inflatable..    :o
Very good for any boat - for sure!!! 

Congrats.......
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Clem

Hey Justin

That is awesome, fishing is such a good leveler......I had a laugh the other day, a few of us out on the boat..as usual everyone talking about their gear, what knot, what length of trace.. is the sun at right angle blah blah...A mate takes a piece of lamb from a sandwich threads it on his keeper and catches the biggest Queen fish of the day?  :o

Dominick

Justin:  You ought to take these friends fishing with you.  It looks like they have mojo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Amazing, Justin. It would have been hard to believe without pictures. I'm glad that the rope didn't give in the second shot, that monster would have sunk that dingy mighty fast ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

WHOA! They must have gotten one heck of a ride out of those Marlin... hope those fishy's were headed inshore during the fight :o
That looks like some sweet fun... thanks for sharing
Dom

Panama

A-MAZE-ING.  I wanna go fishing with you!!!!
Get on the water, Man!!!

Dominick

Quote from: Panama on February 21, 2012, 05:58:08 PM
A-MAZE-ING.  I wanna go fishing with you!!!!
Hey Anthony:  You want to go fishing with Justin's friends.  They catch the fish.  Justin climbs up and down cliffs for fun ;D.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

;D
I tried fishing off my paddleboard a couple of weeks ago, but not for marlin.
Paddled about three-and-a-half miles out to a spot called the Motuihe Channel.
Got some fairly surprised looks from the boaties out there - it was blowing a 16kt nor'easter, with about two foot of wind swell/chop.
I took a light two-piece rod and my Calcutta 400 (with some soft plastics), tucked down the back of my wetsuit top.
Felt like a bit of a commando pulling it over my shoulder, fitting it together and casting out while standing on the board. ;)
But the proof's in the pudding - came home with a 45cm (18in) snapper...
Could've done with an extra pair of hands once I landed it though.   ;D
Looking forward to hooking into something a little more consequential next time...
Cheers, Justin

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on February 21, 2012, 08:19:31 PM

Looking forward to hooking into something a little more consequential next time...
Cheers, Justin

That's what keeps us going back.  Dominick

wallacewt

redsetta

Got two older brothers who set the bar pretty high... ;)