Garage Door Rod Storage Hillbilly Version.

Started by WVHillbilly, October 13, 2022, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVHillbilly

My shop is a disaster and before I broke something I needed to get these a safe place for storage. The overhead rafters in my shop are already too crowded .....
Feeshin is Feeshin

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

JasonGotaProblem

Thats actually brilliant. And can't be readily seen from the street
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Gfish

Mine was true "hillbilly". Coat hanger wires screwed into the rafters, up underneath the garage door. Never thought a that'n Jason, when the door's open, they're hidden!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sabaman1

Great idea! How did you make the rod hangers?
JIM

steelfish

ooh Magician !!
now you see the fishing rods.. now you dont !!

its great but I must say that my OCD will make me put some sort of fabric or plush inside the holes to prevent the rods getting tiny scratches everytime they slide on the holes inner surface every time the door open and close.
The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

Quote from: steelfish on October 14, 2022, 12:26:22 AMooh Magician !!
now you see the fishing rods.. now you dont !!

its great but I must say that my OCD will make me put some sort of fabric or plush inside the holes to prevent the rods getting tiny scratches everytime they slide on the holes inner surface every time the door open and close.
I was thinking the same thing .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Cor

Very clever!

My worry is if a rod somehow falls out and gets wrapped up in the door or damage from all the movement as already expressed above?
Cornelis

Crow

Since my wife has "backed into" the garage door...twice, in the last 11 years (I pushed the button, but it must not have gone up!! ::) )so your solution wouldn't work, for me...but , it is  pretty good idea!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

Interesting idea.  :d  All my rods are one piece and I never remove my reels (except to service) so it wouldn't work well for me. I'd be gluing some foam in the bracket recesses and cut some slots to keep the rods from moving around and getting scratches.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

El Pescador

Hillbilly!

Great idea, my brother has the same design in his garage to store his DeWalt Track Saw Tracks, if that makes sense.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/saws/track-saws

See what he did.

close up the Track Rack Fast Cap green holders.  Again, if that makes sense!!!

https://www.fastcap.com/product/track-rack

So long as his wife doesn't back up and into the garage door, all is safe!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

WVHillbilly

The material is vinyl composite board stock. I considered putting felt inside holes, but it not necessary.
Feeshin is Feeshin

Breadfan

As long as you are not adding too much weight to the door, it should be good!  I used to own a garage door business and each torsion spring or springs (if it's two) is made for a specific weight of door. Too heavy will make your opener strain. Doors should be able to lift (opener disengaged) with one or two fingers if everything is done right... The main thing is to make sure it does not fall hard when you pull it down manually. I should glide down as easy as it went up, with no effort and no banging on the floor. It looks really good!