Abu conversion to Rocket F2

Started by thorhammer, October 13, 2022, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Hey folks, not as much a conversion as I'm building an F2 with a few Abu parts in it (thanks for Mag Elite spool, Nick!)...what screws did you use for left hand plate to Rocket frame? Rocket tells me M3 x 12, but I think that's short. I will see tomorrow when they arrive from M-C. By my mic, I'd have used 14's...

I put this in Abu, because no Rocket forum- I only know three people that have this, so Bob, Nick, Kurt, lemme know what you did...

thanks!

John

thorhammer

They are M3 x 12. The 100 pac from MC delivered in about 18 hours, which is amazing. What's not amazing is I, being in a hurry, didn't check the baggy of other parts I ordered for another project, which contained the Rocket-issued, said M3 x 12 hexhead button screws I needed...

Should anyone need any, I have a 100.

ReelFishingProblems

That's a whole lotta words and no pictures to go with it.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, if you post a picture with all the parts and fancy stuff laid out, I'm sure something would come to mind.

Breadfan

I ordered the Rocket reel with everything but the handle, star drag and break plate. I did not even pay attention to the screws that came with it for the side plates, but I did use them. Yours are Ok, correct?