The Hillbilly Spoolinator in prgress.

Started by WVHillbilly, October 17, 2022, 06:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVHillbilly

Makin me a spoolin device. Works fine, but still in progress. Had to amke me sumthin whilst cleaning up my disaster of a shop. Tonight gonna turn me some aluminum threaded cones to center the spools ... iffin I have time.
Feeshin is Feeshin

WVHillbilly

turned some knurled cones and lock knobs. I think I may make a tension system using drag washers on the end of the shaft, on outside. Maybe grind some large washers flat and build a drag stack of sorts with a nice big knurled knob for adjustment.
Feeshin is Feeshin

steelfish

it looks pretty good.

I made something kindof similar, my tension system was some strong springs + flat metal washers + eared wing nuts instead of the "cones" on yours.

worked well for a while until I opted use another method, which is to put the line on a penn 10/0 senator and then adjust the drag to my desire tension and install the line on the smaller reel, seems like a lot of work but I dont change my line to often and also works to keep me busy on the windy season on which is pretty hard to find a weekend with calm seas (dec to feb).
The Baja Guy

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !