dual console for offshore fishing

Started by strike115, February 13, 2012, 01:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strike115

Hi everybody,
I would like to change my 16ft cc in the future, because it is too small to go 29 km far from the coast as i usually did last summer. But i don't want to buy a very huge boat, because it will need 2 engines, lots of fuel, etc etc...so i thought about the dual consoles boat, but i don't really know if they are good for offshore fishing, in the Mediterranean Sea. the waves are not like the pacifc ones....but i want a solid and good boat to go a far from the coast. waht do you think about a dual console like the sea hunt ones or other similar brands?

alantani

it won't help you, but i've had this boat 65 miles offshore......

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=52.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

strike115

is the hull different from the cc or express model? I' m very interested in this kind of boats because they can be used for sportfishing and also for a cruising. I like it because in rear part there is lot of space,more than in a same size CC.

alantani

it's a modified V, not a deep V.  the shallower bottom means it jumps up on plane quick and stays there easily.  you just get beat up in rough water.   :-\

strike115

mediterranean sea is not like the ocean...i'm searching for something godd for fishing and family/friend sharing. With no much money I can't buy a big WA or express and on the 21-24 ft center console boats there is often lack of space in the rear part.

Just another question...a boat like a robalo or a grady white and so on  aged about 12-13 years but with new engine could be good or is only a stupid thing to buy it?

Alto Mare

Compra nuovo!

The water gets rough there also, I've seen it myself. How much are you thinking of spending and how big of a boat do you need. Are you thinking 22' ( about 9 meters )  boat? If so, you should be able to find a decent one with a single outboard  anywhere from $30,000 to #40,000, but if you're looking to buy a boat similar to Alan's, get ready to spend double that. Good luck!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

I can only wish Jimmer :-\. Is that what you have?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

strike115

Guys..the most important problem is about the custom and the shipping...i would like to buy a 22 ft boat for $20000 and then ship to italy. In Italy american boat are very expensive...for example a 12-13 years old trophy is worth about $40000.

redsetta

I know of a couple of guys who've bought boats in Florida and shipped to NZ, with substantial savings on purchasing here.
Landed duties and shipping will vary country to country, but have a look at some of these as a starting point: http://www.boattrader.com/search-results/NewOrUsed-any/Type-Power/State-FL|Florida/Length-20,30/Price-10000,20000/Sort-Length:DESC/
I reckon that Phoenix 27 looks pretty good for its age.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

you would love the 19 foot grady.  very tough little boats. 

Jimmer

No Alto, I have a 1970 22' starcraft Islander which works well for Lake Michigan. The captain I fish with in Hawaii ( Capt. Shannon Frazier, Live Bait SportFishing) has a 31' Bertram, it handles the sea like a dream. My avatar is me and a 220lb ahi we got in oct. 11. I will try to figure out the picture thing and do a post about that trip sometime.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

strike115

surfing some web sites searching for boats...i looked at the 2460 pursuit denali....I love it. I know is it an off-production model, but i really like it...what do you think about it?

coastalobsession

I would look at a Cat. Whats your price range?
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

strike115

my price range is about 30000-40000$...i think it is not enough for a good cat