Are There Any ORCA (Old Reels Collectors Association) Members on the forum ?

Started by ez2cdave, October 27, 2022, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

Are There Any ORCA (Old Reels Collectors Association)  Members on the forum ?

There is a publication on the ORCA website that I would like to have ... But, they require an ORCA membership ( $40 & up, expires on Dec 31 ) to download it. 

Can anyone help me out ?

https://www.orcaonline.org/product-category/orca-library/schematics/olympic-schematics

SPECIFICALLY :

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

Midway Tommy

No offense, Dave, but there's a reason why one has to be a paid up ORCA member to access the information in the Harvey Garrison Library. It costs money to maintain that website and information.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

ez2cdave

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 27, 2022, 04:57:39 PMNo offense, Dave, but there's a reason why one has to be a paid up ORCA member to access the information in the Harvey Garrison Library. It costs money to maintain that website and information.

The problem is that ORCA memberships expire at the end of the calendar year (Dec.31). So, that $40 would only give me 2 months worth of access. Plus, I am only interested in one small PDF file. The file I want is "free", but it's not worth "$40 worth of free".

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

Midway Tommy

Well, I'm confident that the ORCA members, including myself, that donated documents to the ORCA Library did so for the exclusive use of current ORCA members, otherwise they would have been made available to Reel Talk members, also.

You could always join in mid/late December and be good for all of 2023.   8)  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

ez2cdave

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 27, 2022, 08:25:53 PMWell, I'm confident that the ORCA members, including myself, that donated documents to the ORCA Library did so for the exclusive use of current ORCA members, otherwise they would have been made available to Reel Talk members, also.

You could always join in mid/late December and be good for all of 2023.  8)  :D

For me, it isn't worth it, financially. I am only looking for 1 schematic for 1 reel and there is no guarantee that it is even in that ORCA file. It appears nowhere on the internet.

The reel is an OLYMPIC DOLPHIN 612 ... Picked up off eBay, en route.

To me, it looks like a "Squidder Clone", but I didn't want any "surprises".

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

ez2cdave

Thanks to everyone who replied . . . My needs have been met.

When the reel arrives, I will disassemble and go through it ( maybe even make a tutorial ).

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

ez2cdave

I just had the good fortune to discover the "Old Reel Collectors" forum ... https://oldreelcollectors.com

A very different "atmosphere" there, compared to the O.R.C.A. website & forum.

Our forum here is, "hands down", the best on the planet !

Tight Lines !

Dave