Penn 113 HLW make over

Started by mackeyjr122, October 29, 2022, 05:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackeyjr122

Wanted to give my Penn 113 HLW a new look. Made this omilu or mahimahi style paint job. Im happy with it. Thanks for looking89AAAA1F-EA2D-4691-B53F-51045EA1F2C8.jpeg1F96FC30-C991-4798-853E-BF08280D039D.jpeg 

nelz

Nice, what kind of paint did you use?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rivverrat

Squidder Bidder

Wow. That looks really neat. I'd like to hear more about the process and the materials (paints) that you used.

Rivverrat

Where'd you get that handle & knob ?  ... Jeff

mackeyjr122

Quote from: nelz on October 29, 2022, 09:18:18 AMNice, what kind of paint did you use?
. I used Createx Wicked paint with urethane clear added. Primer was the Tamiya white primer so that the blue and green colors come out brighter.

mackeyjr122

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 29, 2022, 03:04:28 PMWhere'd you get that handle & knob ?  ... Jeff
. Ebay. Its a cork handle. I left the plastic wrapper on it so that it last a little bit longer.

mackeyjr122

Quote from: Squidder Bidder on October 29, 2022, 03:00:10 PMWow. That looks really neat. I'd like to hear more about the process and the materials (paints) that you used.
[/quote
Quote from: Squidder Bidder on October 29, 2022, 03:00:10 PMWow. That looks really neat. I'd like to hear more about the process and the materials (paints) that you used.
I found out that the side plates are made of Bakelite and its some really nasty dangerous stuff when you sand it(scuffing surface for primer to stick on better) Use wet sand paper 600 in a bucket of water to keep dust contained.

mackeyjr122

I used my Iwata Eclipse 3.5 tip size and 30 psi. Createx Wicked paint with clear urethane added to it. Primer it with white Tamiya primer for plastic and metal. Spray thin coats until you get the coverage you like. Splatter was made with a stiff bristled brush or u can use a toothbrush.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

Somehow I missed this post, glad I saw it, that reel paintjob came up awesome!!
The Baja Guy

ReelFishingProblems

I missed this post too. That turned out really nice!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Crab Pot

Buy it nice or buy it twice.