Hello.....New to the site but not to penn reels

Started by Maxed Out, February 14, 2012, 01:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Dom,
Time for me to report in!  I have taken your hint!  AND I'M WORKING ON!
On Saturday, I removed the handle from the Penn 114, in anticipation of the installation of Dawn's handle.
Photo Attached!
Mechanically Minded does skip a generation.  My Father, God rest his soul, did rebuild engines and transmissions, washing machines and kitchen mixers.  My sons can rebuild computers and have them running better and faster than before.
But for me, when I change the spark plug on my lawn mower, there is a small box of left over parts!  Really.
El Pescador!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Wayne:  After my big buildup of your photographic acumen, you post a picture of a paint stained work bench.  What did you do with the towels from the hotel?   ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Wayne, are you going to just look at the new handle or mount it?  ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Great! another pescador :-\
Welcome aboard El Pescador, by the way the knob goes on the handle part to make it complete ::).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Dom,  The stained work bench came with the home we purchased 12 years ago. 
Bryan and Alto Mare,  you guys are "dry shaving" me! 
Here's what I did last evening...

El Pescador

DONE, DONE and DONE!

Who's going fishing today????
El Pescador!

Bryan Young

Wow, and you only have one extra part ;D

See what loving encourgement can do?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Oh Oh.  Rick told me he wanted the original handle.   :'(  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Dominick,
    He can have the handle back... It just won't be attached to the reel ;D

Alto Mare

Sorry for grilling you Wayne, when I heard that Dominick showed you how to do it I got a little worried :-\.

That reel looks sweet! Good job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Wayne:  Did you loctite it in place?  Also did you set the spring for the double dog?  Dominick

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 16, 2012, 04:28:33 PM
Oh Oh.  Rick told me he wanted the original handle.   :'(  Dominick
Dominick - do you need an original handle for a 114H? I'll bring some down tomorrow.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Maxed Out

Quote from: broadway on February 15, 2012, 06:32:27 AM
I think you're right, SeaEagle... Ted must be a moocher ;)
Dom

;DYes, I mooch for halibut and ling cod but those rods in the picture do have single action knucklebusters for salmon, which I use with my downriggers. Makes for a lot of fun, and north of the border in BC that is the norm......I will mooch for salmon, but only 600 miles north on the west coast of Haida Gwaii (formerly the Queen Charlotte Islands)

Love seeing the pics of the power handle on the 114H.

BTW, thanks to everybody who has welcomed me to the world of Alan Tani........If any of you hard core anglers ever make it up my way I would gladly take you out to get a line wet. I mostly do salmon here in puget sound or out off the coast in Westport from mid July thru early October, with a few trips for albacore mixed in during August and September.......Thanks again.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

El Pescador

Does anyone work for a living???  I find it hard to hop online during the working day.  Unlike Dom, whom is enjoying the success of his long and storied legal career, I'm still working for a living.  Still in the 'Capital Appreciation' mode; when I earn money (capital), I appreciate it!
Bryan and Alto Mare, thank you for the very kind words of encouragement!  I'll keep trying at this reel repair business.

Rob, if you have an extra handle for a 114H (24-57), may I purchase one from you???  I just rebuilt a 114 (2.1:1 gear ratio) and love to upgrade to a 24-57 handle; a bit longer handle throw than the current 24-114 on the reel! 

Dom, NO loctite, need to stop by and put some on.  And did not set the spring for the double dog, but did do the hokie pokie!
I do appreciate all the nice words for the handle install, this is my 3rd attempt to anything regarding reel repair.  Last Memorial Day weekend, Dom introducted me to this website, and that was my first attempt on Alan Tani-izing a Diawa Sealine 27H, purchased for $15 on CL.  ONLY took me 2 1/2 hours to put together the Set Plate to the right side plate.  Needed to consult with a physician for elevated Blood Pressure!

Norcal Pescador

Rob, if you have an extra handle for a 114H (24-57), may I purchase one from you???  I just rebuilt a 114 (2.1:1 gear ratio) and love to upgrade to a 24-57 handle; a bit longer handle throw than the current 24-114 on the reel! 

My handles are 24-115. Sorry.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD