A New Record

Started by Norcal Pescador, February 14, 2012, 05:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norcal Pescador

A record number of online visitors today, 1625. All of the reel tinkerers must be doing the final fixes for their sweety's Valentines Day gifts. :D :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

hope someone sends me one.

alantani

you know we had half a million hits last month?  and today i got a call from a guy in egypt!   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Kam,

You're hoping someone sends you a reel or a sweetie?  ;)
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on February 14, 2012, 08:07:57 AM
you know we had half a million hits last month?  and today i got a call from a guy in egypt!   
Alan:  I spent 7 months working in Cairo.  I fished the Nile from the Sheraton Hotel which is adjacent to the river.  I caught some Perch or Sun fish.  I was not sure what they were.  On my off days I used to rent a horse at Giza and ride around the Pyramids and Sphinx.  I would put on an Arab headress and pose for the tourists.  It was funny when Americans would ask me to pose in front of the Pyramids and I would act like I did not speak English (American for you Antipodes).  An American once tried to give me a tip of a couple of coins after his wife stood by my horse and he snapped our picture.  I said in my best NY accent "forgedaboutit I don't want your money."  You should have seen the look on his face.  We laughed about it and he has a great story to tell.  It looks like I do also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Dominick,

Cool story! I think you've lived 10 lives in one... to think a neighborhood kid from Thompson St. made his way out into the world like you have is inspirational.
Keep the stories and adventures coming!
Dom

wallacewt

the true story
i had a job in cairo that was suppose to last 7 months.but i wouldnt work.i was to ride a horse around the hotel but they only had camels and wouldnt bend down so i could cock my LEG OVER.all the arabs gathered around and laughed at me but wouldnt give me any money.should have seen there faces when i pulled out a bottle of zin and kept it all for myself.thats why im always happy and like fish.the end

Alto Mare

:D :D :D....you're nuts Wallace!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 15, 2012, 11:04:08 AM
:D :D :D....you're nuts Wallace!
And very funny too. Keep telling your stories Wallace,I love them. ;D ;D

conchydong

One of the great things about this site is that there isn't any advertising, however, I bet Alan could quit his day job if he ever went that route given the amount of internet "hits" this site produces. I for one, hope it stays the same.

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on February 15, 2012, 10:54:53 AM
the true story
i had a job in cairo that was suppose to last 7 months.but i wouldnt work.i was to ride a horse around the hotel but they only had camels and wouldnt bend down so i could cock my LEG OVER.all the arabs gathered around and laughed at me but wouldnt give me any money.should have seen there faces when i pulled out a bottle of zin and kept it all for myself.thats why im always happy and like fish.the end
Oh Man!  I've been had.  You can't put anything over on the Westy  ;D ;D ;D ;D dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.