Ambassadeur reels 5600bcx

Started by Eddie Hernandez, November 12, 2022, 03:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Hernandez

I have two Ambassadeur reels 5600 bcx reel to work on both not functioning well, one of them has a stuclevel wind, both reels are not spinning smoothly.  Don't think I have worked on these reels before any advice on approaching these reels would be most appreciated. As always thank you!

Eddie Hernandez

Here's a pic of the reel...

Donnyboat

Hi Ed, the BCX is a cheap vercion of the ambassadeur, not hard to work on, just take pics as you dismantle it & keep notes, there not a very wide reel, so it will work better without the line level, you may have to replace the bearings, or at least clean them out, best option is ceramic bearings, they dont need lubing, the lube actually slows the bearing down & restricts distance, good luck, check the drag while your in there, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Also ED, some of these bait caster reels have a screw up inside of the reel you wont dismantle them till you get the screw out, take the spool out then look up inside, there is sometime a screw in there to remove, not all of them have it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

handi2

They are basic and very easy to service.
I don't like most of the YouTube videos but there is one there for this reel.

Smooth drag has some great Carbontex drag washers and ground flat metal washers for that reel too.

You will find that Smooth Drag replacement Carbontex washers are slightly larger than the stock carbon drag washers. They fit the main gear fully while the stock ones don't.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Eddie Hernandez

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 13, 2022, 01:19:46 AMAlso ED, some of these bait caster reels have a screw up inside of the reel you wont dismantle them till you get the screw out, take the spool out then look up inside, there is sometime a screw in there to remove, not all of them have it, cheers Don.
Thank you Don!!!

Eddie Hernandez

Quote from: handi2 on November 13, 2022, 01:32:18 AMThey are basic and very easy to service.
I don't like most of the YouTube videos but there is one there for this reel.

Smooth drag has some great Carbontex drag washers and ground flat metal washers for that reel too.

You will find that Smooth Drag replacement Carbontex washers are slightly larger than the stock carbon drag washers. They fit the main gear fully while the stock ones don't.
Thanks Handi!!

Eddie Hernandez

Went well with the reels as you guys mentioned very easy reel to work on. Replaced a few broken parts upgraded drag washers and added a power handle on one of them. Thank you Gents!20221202_201944.jpg