Main Menu

G'day all

Started by Bunny, February 14, 2012, 02:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunny

Hi all. New member here saying hi Aussie style  8) Looking forward to reading the boards and getting some great info this site and Alan has to offer.
Has anyone done a review on the Ryoga Bay Jigger? I'm keen to get some feedback on this reel. I didn't find anything in the search.

kamuwela

aloha bunny thanks for joining us.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Nessie Hunter

Welcome Bunny.....

Sorry, no help here on the Ryoga Bay Jigger....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

Aloha Bunny.  The Daiwa Ryoga Bay Jigger looks like the US reel Daiwa Platon.

Hope this helps:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1976.0

Welcome.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

welcome, and thank your for your patience getting you registered.  you are the second one that was picked up by the spam filter for no good reason.  as far as your reel goes, i hope it will be less trouble than the pluton.....
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bunny

Quote from: alantani on February 14, 2012, 09:19:42 PM
welcome, and thank your for your patience getting you registered.  you are the second one that was picked up by the spam filter for no good reason.  as far as your reel goes, i hope it will be less trouble than the pluton.....

Thanks again all. So waht are the Pluton issues? Not too much in that link but I did see some bad stuff. I don't know a lot about reels of this calibre but this is what I have been told about the Ryoga vs the standard Saltiga and Pluton.

The Bay Jigging has Hyper Digigear (same C6191 marine bronze used in the heavy duty Saltiga Spinning reels and other top end Daiwa reels). The conventional Saltigas (15 thru 50) as well as their Lever Drag counterparts do not employ this highest end gear. Star drag Saltigas employ machine cut alloy gears and the lever drag Saltigas use helical cut stainless steel gears.

The Level wind mechanism would also add an element of additional cost to the Ryogas. The level wind on this Ryoga is synchronous to the spool, so it will move along with the spool when the spool is rotating. The Pluton and other non-Bay Jigging Ryogas have non-sync level winds.

Additional CRBB bearings, ultimate tournament drag, and the perfect double stopper are three more features which probably adds to the price tag.

Any feedback appreciated.

Bunny

Sorry I have another question. I tried to upload an avatar pic but only have a red cross. Is there a pic size limit? It's a jpeg.

Dominick

Quote from: Bunny on February 14, 2012, 02:41:50 PM
Has anyone done a review on the Ryoga Bay Jigger?
Here it is.  The Ryoga Bay Jigger performed last night at the Odeon Theatre.  It was a sell-out crowd that was treated to a wonderful performance.  The show started with the west coast reel, which quickly gave way to a well executed east coast wire reel.  After the performance we retreated to the Boat Place for Sushi and Sashimi.  All in all a great performance by the Ryoga Bay Jigger who will be touring Australia next month.  ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

QuoteAll in all a great performance by the Ryoga Bay Jigger who will be touring Australia next month.
Classic. ;D Three-and-a-half stars... ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Quote from: Bunny on February 15, 2012, 10:13:17 AM
Sorry I have another question. I tried to upload an avatar pic but only have a red cross. Is there a pic size limit? It's a jpeg.
Bunny:  jpeg is usually too large.  Check this link http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2349.0 The secret is to paste the IMG code in the box where you are typing text.  Dominick

Justin:  Thanks for being a fan.  :-*
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

Keta

Hi Bunny,
At first I thought you ran a ranch in Nevada but I see you are from Australia.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain