Helium tank parts cleaner?

Started by jgp12000, November 18, 2022, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

i have heard of folks making parts cleaners out of old propane tanks and we just emptied a helium tank for a bday party.Has anyone ever cut one in half is it worth the trouble or safety concerns?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

Is the valve removable?

Any "mail" yet?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jgp12000

No mail yet Gregg,we have a dyslexic mail lady our neighbors last 2 digits are reversed from our address...sometimes we get theirs I deliver it, not sure if they will do the same? Should get it soon

handi2

I bought a metal part's cleaner many years ago that still works great.

I use a small SS colander inside a plastic bowl to keep the parts in.

I'll find it and post.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

oldmanjoe

:o   Hindenburg Disaster ..    Put your parts in a tupper ware container and place on top of the washing machine , Tell the woman to do a load of laundry .   Parts clean .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

jgp12000

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Quote from: oldmanjoe on November 19, 2022, 02:22:45 PM:o  Hindenburg Disaster ..    Put your parts in a tupper ware container and place on top of the washing machine , Tell the woman to do a load of laundry .  Parts clean .

The difference between "Theory" and "Reality" becomes very apparent when "telling" a woman to do this.

And, it would be a much more expensive endeavor than buying the highest priced parts cleaner!

You are a braver man than me, Joe!

I have a parts cleaner just like Keiths.  But haven't used it for over 20 years.

I just use an ultrasonic cleaner with various cleaners or solvents.

The kerosene in the parts cleaner is oily & smelly — and sticks around on everything.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Quote from: oldmanjoe on November 19, 2022, 02:22:45 PM:o   Hindenburg Disaster ..   

That was hydrogen, helium is not flammable.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Quote from: foakes on November 19, 2022, 02:48:41 PMThe difference between "Theory" and "Reality" becomes very apparent when "telling" a woman to do this.

Tip of the day, NEVER call your wife a kick start dishwasher.

Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

Quote from: foakes on November 19, 2022, 02:48:41 PM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on November 19, 2022, 02:22:45 PM:o  Hindenburg Disaster ..    Put your parts in a tupper ware container and place on top of the washing machine , Tell the woman to do a load of laundry .  Parts clean .

The difference between "Theory" and "Reality" becomes very apparent when "telling" a woman to do this.

You are a braver man than me, Joe!

Best, Fred
:-\  What could be worse shrapnel metal or beaten from the wife , Either way he is going to get hurt.  :d

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2022, 02:57:31 PM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on November 19, 2022, 02:22:45 PM:o   Hindenburg Disaster ..   

That was hydrogen, helium is not flammable.
You are right , i did get my gasses mixed up .

Keta

Mark Twain

Midway Tommy

For free, other than the cost of the thinner, I put my parts in lacquer thinner in a glass jar and slosh it around manually a few times and all is just fine, didn't pi$$ my wife off one bit!  ;D  If I took Joe's advice I'd have to learn how to run our washing machine.  :o
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)