Looking For Johnny Morris JMS7 Spinning Reel parts

Started by fishy111, November 26, 2022, 07:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishy111

Hey guys and gals, I already contacted Bass Pro in Springfield and they dont have the Bail Wire Assembly#6 and Roller Sleeve #7 parts for the JMS7
  Johnny Morris Signature Series Spinning Reel. E-replacement parts does not seem to have any Bass Pro parts either. It is a 2015 reel. E-Bay does not have any  parts or that reel for sale. Any ideas where I can look? I think the JMS10 Reel may use the same Bail Wire Assembly and Line Roller Sleeve but no luck finding those parts or old reels either so far.
  By the way what does Bass Pro do with all the used reels they take on trade in  yearly promotions to buy new reels? Any bass pro people know the answer to that one?

Thanks Roger T.

alantani

bass pro will usually donate the reels to local non-profits.  we did that one year through Discover Angling!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

philaroman

store-brand reels are not supported, even if OEM is a known brand & has the parts
best you can do is figure out OEM & compatible models (if any)

post some photos & someone may recognize the branded platform
vague, dim memory suggests early JM's were made by Daiwa...  then, Pflueger...  then, who knows?

fishy111

OK I keep looking. I gonna ask if bass pro has other repair and parts supplier in any other stores across the USA.

oc1

Bass Pro's strategy includes selling reels that cannot be repaired and, so, must be replaced.

PK004751

I'm looking for Drag washers and bearings to upgrade a JM20H reel, I can't find any.
I now see why...

DougK

also known as planned obsolescence..

even though the old companies like Pflueger, Abu etc are now just brands, at least they do still manage to keep parts available (for the most part). They get my money, when I'm not buying vintage reels anyway ;-)

Swami805

If you can measure the bearings you should be able to find some that fit. Same with drag washers or at least close enough for those
I have a couple Johnny Morris spinning reels that I replaced the drag washers in, the stock ones were junk   I use them surf fishing, they've held up for 3 years so far and still work fine
Do what you can with that you have where you are