Daiwa Luna 300L

Started by Anjoemara, February 15, 2012, 04:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjoemara

Hello Guys
Would the daiwa Luna 300L be a good choice for fishing with 3 oz lures (walking the dog)
At the internet I read some anti reverse problems with that reel, specially in 2007? Are those problems fixed now?

alantani

corrosion can make any anti-reverse roller bearing fail. many of these round baitcasters use only an AR bearing, but some have a dog back up.  find one with both and you should be fine.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I got a Luna 300L in the mail yesterday morning.  It has never seen saltwater and most likely never will but it is for a good friend and I'd like to retro cobble in a dog for him, do you know if this can be done?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

nelz

I have an older Luna 300 and run the AR roller completely dry. It never slips that way. Also, I heavily grease around the handle shaft space to prevent water intrusion into the roller.

Black Widow Tackle

Is okuma the only manufacture with both Alan?

alantani

many reels have both.  and the should. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Black Widow Tackle

Are going to Make me get out the schematics:) can you tell m who?

Killerbug

Quote from: Anjoemara on February 15, 2012, 04:41:03 PM
Hello Guys
Would the daiwa Luna 300L be a good choice for fishing with 3 oz lures (walking the dog)
At the internet I read some anti reverse problems with that reel, specially in 2007? Are those problems fixed now?

If you plan to fish under colder conditions, this might be a problem.  IAR bearings mostly slip when the temperatures drop.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Jes301

an u up grade the AR Bearing