Retaining Ring Tool?

Started by Pelagic Playtime, February 17, 2012, 12:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelagic Playtime

Hay Alan. Are you going to be at the Fred Hall show in Long Beach? If so, what times and where?

And do you have some kind of neat little tool for removing the little spool "E" retaining ring from my Accurate reels without it shooting accross the room?

PelagicPlaytime.

hafnor

Those e ring clips are tricky! but if you use a very small flathead screwdriver while keeping your thump over it, it won't fly away... I learned it the hard way, and Alan had to send me new ones!

Irish Jigger

You won't loose it if you can remove  it in a clear plastic bag.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

the e-clip at the right side end of the spool shaft?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coastalobsession

Small flat head and slowing push it off. Make sure your finger in on top of it.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

i will be there on wednesday and thursday.  to remove the e-clip from the right side, i slip the blade of a small knife underneath the clip so it does not get wedged under the lip of the preset knob.  then i use the tip of a small screwdriver to pry out the e-clip.  i just cover it so that it does not go flying.  i also have spares just in case i lose one. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jim

Quote from: alantani on February 19, 2012, 01:46:45 AM
  i also have spares just in case i lose one. 

Any time I need to order some part from Accurate, I order at least one spare of that part. If I needed one at this time, logically I'll need another at some point again.

redsetta

Good call Jim - I do likewise.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer