Pflueger 1573

Started by Keta, February 17, 2012, 04:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I got a call this morning about restoring a Plueger 1573, the reel has never been near saltwater.  It was his fathers reel and he wants to do a little fishing with "dad".  Has anyone had these reels apart?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

Best of luck..   
What I see is a level wind, Left handed reel made in 1935????   From Google.

Hope you dont need parts for it!!!   Yikes
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Keta

He said it was in good shape w/box, oil bottle, manual and tools.  I can't wait to see it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Lee:  Take lots of pictures.  That the kind of thing that will be unique.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Yup, I'll post them as soon as I take them.

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

No drags.  Direct drag.  I would not fish it if I were them.  If it looks almost new and still have box, wrench, manuals, etc., it's a collector's item.  Most only have boxes and that's it.

How does a Hawaiian saltwater fisherman know this?  I used to go fishing with my grand uncle for Palani.

We used to use this, line with 15# mono (didn't need much line), 9' custom rods (tip was solid glass from those kids ultralight), mid-section came from a medium spinner, and butt from a heavy duty spinner) producing an extremely light tip with gradual backbone.  Those were fun days.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Mark Twain

Dominick

Hey Lee!  Those are interesting photos.  It looks like they had problems with the line slipping on the spool, hence the cork center.  I love that old fashion bottle of oil, great.  Now show us the guts.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.