Duel Speedy 12

Started by ourford, December 31, 2022, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ourford

I picked up a nice little Duel 12 Speedy and immediately noticed that it was different than the accurate and avet I've had before. You can dial up a lot of drag without any binding or loss of freespool. It's a nicely made and simple reel but I wonder what's the thing that makes it different.
Vic

handi2

I've worked on some larger ones they are impressive!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ourford

Yeah. I bought an used Alutechnos a few months ago just to see how they were. It was bigger than anything I'd use so I traded it off. I think the build quality is even better on the Duel.
Vic

Shellbelly

No wasted space anywhere on or in that reel.  It looks very "comfortable" to use.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Gfish

What's the drag lever made out of?
How's the quality of the clicker seem?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

handi2

You don't have the binding problem on this reel because of the use of the huge thrust bearing on the pinion gear

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ourford

Quote from: Gfish on January 04, 2023, 03:37:28 PMWhat's the drag lever made out of?
How's the quality of the clicker seem?
The drag lever is a stainless plate with a plastic knob. The clicker is stainless also. You can see one part on the end plate. The other part is a stainless grooved plate on the spool. It works quite well.
Vic

ourford

Quote from: handi2 on January 04, 2023, 04:38:30 PMYou don't have the binding problem on this reel because of the use of the huge thrust bearing on the pinion gear

Keith
Yes, Keith that's it.
Vic