6500 2 speed problem.

Started by bushleague, January 03, 2023, 03:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushleague

I just serviced my 6500 two speed, it all seems to be working as designed... except that when I pull out line against the drag my drag star spins backwards. The drag doesnt change, its like the actual shaft is spinning except that the handle itself does not spin. Any ideas what I might have messed up?

Bryan Young

Sound rather odd.  Does your reel have a single stack or 3 stack carbon fiber washer in the main gear?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bushleague

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 03, 2023, 04:30:35 AMSound rather odd.  Does your reel have a single stack or 3 stack carbon fiber washer in the main gear?

Ok, took it all apart again and the pin that holds the main gear pieces together is missing. It was in place when I put the reel together, now its not. Tore the reel apart again to make sure it wasnt somewhere in there, crawled all over the floor of my shop looking for it, cant find it.

So, wondering what my best options is now? Seems like ordering that pin would be a long shot, I could possibly make something I guess. Since I dont really care about having the 2 speed option, wondering if I could just modify it, or get the parts to make it a single speed drive?

handi2

The pin is 1/16" in diameter if I remember correctly.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL