SOA 8 day, October 2-10, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

The SOA is on a 10 day right now.  According to Marine Traffic it looks like they made a beeline to the tuna grounds.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Wally15

I'm arriving Sunday 1 Oct into SAN (Terminal 2) at 1:15 on flight Delta 894 from ATL. Anybody going to be in the area that could pick me up at baggage claim around 1:30 or so? If not, it's only a short cab ride to the Sea Harbor motel.
Only 4 days away, I better start packing.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Keta

I am 95% packed now. 

Plan "A" is drive to San Jose early Friday morning and do some yard work and other things around Bryan's house.  Saturday more of the same plus help Alan.  Early Sunday Morning we head to SD.  Not sure of our SD  ETA.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

I will be driving down Monday morning as usual.  Starting my packing now.  I will be bringing gear for Todd loaned out by John and Shibs.  Bill

Brewcrafter

Mike - I am picking up Todd at the airport but he doesn't land until after 4:30 - you could probably walk to the hotel and get there sooner.  But if you want to sit in the airport for 3 hours we would be happy to accommodate!

Keta

Quote from: Brewcrafter on September 27, 2023, 08:09:15 PMMike - I am picking up Todd at the airport but he doesn't land until after 4:30 - you could probably walk to the hotel and get there sooner.  But if you want to sit in the airport for 3 hours we would be happy to accommodate!

Did you decide to join us?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brewcrafter

Lee - I wish!!!!  Now that I am retired, next year is a GO!  But SWMBO and I wanted to come down and visit with Todd (beer may be involved) plus he was kind enough to process and store the fish from when we visited him end of July. Since he is bringing down an ice chest to fly his fish back he is bringing mine down frozen. - john

Jimmer

Leaving Hancock, WI now, see you in 3 days. Sorry Mike, I don' think I'll make it to SD before 4 PM Sunday. -- Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Bill B

Safe travels Jimmer.  See you Monday. Bill

alantani

Quote from: Brewcrafter on September 27, 2023, 08:09:15 PMMike - I am picking up Todd at the airport but he doesn't land until after 4:30 - you could probably walk to the hotel and get there sooner.  But if you want to sit in the airport for 3 hours we would be happy to accommodate!

there is so much construction going on at the airport that it's impossible to find a way to walk out of there. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: Keta on September 27, 2023, 08:20:58 PM

Did you decide to join us?

we are still down by three guys. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hardy Boy

I tried to talk John into it also. Next year.

How is the weather looking ?? Windy seems to be looking fine but I'm a rookie judging weather down South there.

Todd
Todd

Bill B

Got a call from the SOA admin today, besides the Mexican permit either $40 or $50 depending on how many days we will be in Mexican waters there will be a $10 per day fuel surcharge or $80 for this trip.  So figure $130 to start the trip, but if your Canadian you'll have to figure that part out 🤨.

Bill B

Man I miss Ron's load out count down. Anyway, stopped at the liquid store for libations today.  Had a pow wow yesterday with Brewcrafter and Todd to finalize gear for Todd to use.  Gathered most of the gear in one spot.  Have youth football games to attend all day tomorrow.  Still need to get all three hairs on the head cut and pack clothing.  All in all I feel pretty good at where I'm at.  (John I know you are laughing your butt off.  Stop it I can hear you all the way up here on the mountain 🤣).

Guess we are at the 72 hr preload out.  Bill 

Wally15

Finally arriving at our 1st fishing area S of Cedros (Natividad) for some first light fishing. Wx is good. Reports are good quality YT around. Tight Lines!
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor