SOA 8 day, October 2-10, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Does the SoA now have internet access?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

scrinch

I think Mike carries a portable satcom with him.

Brewcrafter

yeah Mark, I don't see Wifi on their website; doesn't mean they don't have it.  Guessing you passed them sometime Tuesday?  Looks like you really nailed some bulls down on the lower banks as well!  Hopefully those guys are getting into some good stuff today! - john

Wally15

End of fishing day 1. 100+ YT caught 20-30 lb range. Headed to the Ridge.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

Wally15

We spent Day 4 chasing schools of good grade YFT. Caught 150 in only 2.5 hrs all 20-30 lbs in the AM. Found several more schools throughout the day and limited out on even better 25-40 lb fish. 300 tuna for the day. 2nd best fishing day I've had on the SoA. 2015 YT fishing at Los Benito's still being the best.
We're still N of 13, wahoo have been scarce, may focus on grouper fishing. And a few BFT is still an option.
Tight Lines!
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

The YFT on the Ridge are definitely a better grade this year!  I kept 2 that were a little over 30#.

stoked4fishin

Wally15

Fishing is often feast or famine. Yesterday was feast, today was famine. No wahoo or grouper caught on 13. A few YFT caught on the troll. Now headed for Alijos due to high winds forecast for the BF grounds Monday. Will make a YT stop after AR. Might be a bumpy ride back to SD.
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

tommyd

Thanks for the updates Peaches, I love living vicariously through your reports. Too bad the wind is gonna be up for BFT. Hopefully we'll get a shot in a couple of weeks. Hope the Rocks treat you well. It's really a toss up between Hoo and BFT in my opinion. Please say hi to all the folks, really miss them all. TommyD    :d

stoked4fishin

Wally15

A rose between 2 thorns! ;D
Only got 6 Wahoo and a few keeper YT in 8 hrs at the Rocks Sharks were tearing up all bottom rigs. Heading toward Cedros/Natividad this PM to hopefully limit out on YT.
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

stoked4fishin

Brewcrafter

MarkT

I hate those Bronze Whaler sharks at the Rocks! I've lost many Wahoo to them!