Does anyone know the paint code for the old gold daiwa gs9 reels?

Started by airbats801, January 08, 2023, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airbats801

I've been thinking about picking up a beat up one and give a repaint a go. Looking at the finish im assuming they were painted? I could be wrong and its a powder coat. Either way, does anyone have a color code for that gold?

handi2

Your best bet is to take to an automotive paint store so they can match it.

I did this when painting the green Penn spinning reels. I used a Preval sprayer

The paint used was for a vintage Fiat that matched the Penn green
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

airbats801

I haven't seen anything off the shelf thats really close to it. I suppose I can hit up a automotive paint shop. I think it would be hard to match these days.

Gfish

People at the Ace Hardware did ok for me once. But yeah, the automotive store/shops might be best.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Catching Nemo

I haven't tried it yet, and so can't attest to the durability or scratch resistance. 

But.... this Rustoleum spray paint is real close to the Daiwa gold from what I can see in the actual test sample in front of me.  I can't see a noticeable color/shade/luster difference between the test sample and my beat up gold Daiwa next to it: 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-Gloss-Gold-Metallic-Spray-Paint-Actual-Net-Contents-11-oz/1000624787?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-pnt-_-ggl-_-LIA_PNT_219_Interior-Stain-Spray-Paint-_-1000624787-_-local-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImoPRpJ2__AIVKhCtBh1TxgeXEAQYBCABEgIVYvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

kevin cozens

OK i know this is an old thread bt you will most likely find the reel is anodised.
Being a fixed spool it could be painted.
i would think the colour code would be based on the RAL colour scheme but a good auto factor
should be able to mix up a rattle can to match.
Use 2k paint as its more durable but do it outside on a fine day as it is dodgy shite to breathe in