What Cabela's rod is this in the photo?

Started by pointbob, January 28, 2023, 12:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointbob

Hi all

There's a person locally selling these rods online but they know nothing about them (estate sale). Anyways I'm not sure what the line weight would be on them. I know they are 12 foot and cabela's brand (thinks)....It's a good price of under $200 us so I'm willing to drive but love to know what they are.

Anyone know? thanks

Patience comes to those who wait

philaroman

12' Med w/ small double-foot guides, synthetic rear & cork fore grip, make me think Trolling

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shellbelly

Quote from: philaroman on January 28, 2023, 02:20:21 AMmake me think Trolling
Me too.  Little bitty guides close to the seat.  Maybe 40lb/4oz max, probably 30lb/3oz.  Need to see the whole thing.  As far as the maker?  Who knows.  Cabelas/BassPro cuts deals using their buying power. 

I'm almost positive I've held Loomis blanks with cheap trim that were branded "Whiz Bang" or something off-brand like that in their stores.

In any event, a new 12' medium under 50 bucks isn't too painful to break.  Most of those start in the $70's. 

Take to the flats and get a ray on the other end....you'll find out real quick what it can do. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Bill B

I used a 10' Cabelas downrigger as a jig stick to catch my biggest salmon.  What he is describing sounds like a modern version.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pointbob

Patience comes to those who wait

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Shellbelly on January 28, 2023, 03:42:29 AMI'm almost positive I've held Loomis blanks with cheap trim that were branded "Whiz Bang" or something off-brand like that in their stores.
I am certain quality brands offload their QC rejects as $30 rods at places like that and walmart. I've found some true treasures that make great rods rebuilt.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.