Found a Few Loose Parts

Started by foakes, February 12, 2023, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Found a few loose parts when doing a little Pre-Spring cleaning last week.

Enough to put together another 9/0 Senator and a little 1/0 Senator. 

Hard to resist building these.

The narrow Jigmaster solid metal posts with (2) holes makes an attractive reel —- and a little less apt to frame flex.  Plus the Penn "ringed" clamp for a safety lanyard.

9/0's are in a class of their own —- a great reel.

Slides into the slot between a 10/0 and a 6/0.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Benni3

Brendan

Cleaning my garage wouldn't achieve those results. Always amazed Fred.
Tight lines, Brendan.

foakes

Quote from: Brendan on February 12, 2023, 10:20:37 PMCleaning my garage wouldn't achieve those results. Always amazed Fred.
Tight lines, Brendan.

All 3 garages & 5 outer tackle shop areas are clean, Brenden —-

This is one of the 20' storage containers that I would like to use for something else besides fishing gear.

Plus, I have decided to get rid of 13 crates of boxed fishing reels.  Mostly DQ, and other assorted brands.

Not a collector —- just a reel mechanic.

I will just keep what needs restoring —-

Then there are a few hundred rods in the loft area above the outer shop.  Just going to keep what I might fish —- get rid of the rest.  Started to sort those and pull out the ones to keep personally yesterday.  Probably only keep around 25 rods.

The rest will just go out of here.

Still have around 1100 Lee-Pro 4/0 frames & plates, Jigmaster sized plates, and spools to get rid of.

Just haven't had the time during the Holidays and all of the bad weather.  Now I will tackle everything I haven't gotten rid of over the last (3) years that is left.

Just transitioning over to working on, repairing, restoring, and servicing 4 brands of quality spinning reels that I have parts for.

Everything else will go.

After 45+ years of accumulation —- at this point in my life and interests —- it is time to move a majority of this stuff out.

This will be a one-time sale that will not be repeated in my lifetime.

Finding a tremendous amount of interesting stuff that has been hidden away for decades.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shellbelly

You do realize that you're causing lurking and drooling out here in the rest of the world.  Some might become insomniacs with severe dehydration.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Keta

Nice. If you find any loose screws they could be mine.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kjdunne

Fred, Is the 1/0 for sale?  Would love to have it.

Kal

foakes

Quote from: kjdunne on February 13, 2023, 08:01:59 PMFred, Is the 1/0 for sale?  Would love to have it.

Kal

You bet, Kal —-

I still have a NIB one that Ted gave me, plus one that Dominick gave me, plus another one to put together out of parts that is new or nearly new —- so there are spares.

I will keep the ones that Ted & Dominick gave me, so that leaves the one in the bag to assemble for sale, plus this new one with the green swirl crank.

These two are just putting a few parts together where they belong —- instead of stashed in bins that I will never use.

This reel is unused —- I think 99% of the parts are unused —- rings, plates, posts, stand, ringed clamp, clamp assembly, internals, spool, etc..

This is one of the toughest, neatest, strongest, and the smallest of the (10) original Senator Series.  Discontinued in the Mid 80's.  Don't know why?

Figure $100 + $20 shipping.

If you want it, I'll ship tomorrow morning —- already been down to the PO today.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Bryan Young

Fred, you are amazing, and so organized.  I wish I could aspire to have my fishing space like yours.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Me too Bryan, my shop makes Alan's look good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kjdunne

Fred, Mark it Sold and send it. 
Interesting... no oil port on tail plate bearing cap?  Or is it just the photo making it look that way?
Anyway, if you have a 24-60 handle for a Jigmaster, and a 110-60 handle lock screw, include them and add to the bill.
Sending a PM w/ my address.

Thanks,
Kal

foakes

Already got it tightly quadrupled packed and double-boxed —- so don't want to take it apart.

I will include an oil-ported 40-60, crank nut lock washer, and a handle at no charge since I can slip them in the box right now.

Question —- what type of handle do you want?

I don't have any 24-60's.  However, the 155, 66, and others with the right upper sleeve pattern hole will work just fine, maybe better.

Here are a couple —- let me know —- N/C.

In looking deeper this afternoon —- found around 13 pounds of NOS Penn rings.  If someone needs some new rings —- let me know.

Also, here is a tough part to find anywhere —- Penn original, new 30-99 stand.

This stuff isn't going to be around forever —- and it needs a home.

Most every day, if we are not traveling, I will try to find new stuff to get rid of.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

kjdunne

Fred, The handle with the ivory colored knob in the 2nd pic would be great.  Or the red knob in the last pic.

Thanks again!
Kal

foakes

Will do, Kal —-

On the way this morning.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.