4mm bearing removal tool

Started by reel bob, February 18, 2023, 05:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel bob

So, I'm having big issues removing the 4mm bearings from the Shimano Tekota's and PENN Fathom reels etc. left side plate. I don't have a go to bearing removal tool that small that wont break or bend. Most of the bearings are frozen, corroded in place. Charters up here in Alaska are hard on reels and more often than not this is my biggest problem. I've bent more misc. tooling trying to remove these darn bearings... HELP I've tried most tricks with no help...

Donnyboat

Hi Bob, there are many ways of removing then demminstraighted on this forum, I often, drop some auto trans fluid & acetone, mixed 50%/50, keep droping,that in for a few days, as the acetone will evaperate, then get some paper towel, & force it in there with a very tight fitting dowel, then add some oil, continue doing that, as the paper towel xspands, it will create a hydraulic affect, & generally forces the bearing out, good luck,cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brendan

Has anyone else noticed autotronicsinc.com? Too rich for me but it looks like what everyone wants in a bearing puller. Link looks suspect so I'm not posting it here. Anyone with more tech skills can let us know if it's legitimate.
Brendan.

oldmanjoe

:)    I don`t know if you have seen or tried this yet .
  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=34478.0

I can hold the bearing and shock the housing with a wooden hammer handle or wooden dowel
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare