The WOW factor

Started by Maxed Out, February 20, 2023, 11:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Quote from: MarkT on May 07, 2023, 04:01:11 AMWhat, you can't get the reels so you just collect the handles? I'd heard of people collecting glass electrical insulators and thought that was crazy!  :d
How about art deco glass door knobs?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shellbelly

Quote from: MarkT on May 07, 2023, 04:01:11 AMWhat, you can't get the reels so you just collect the handles?
Yes and No.  I search for handles that I need in order to improve or correct the reels I collect.  Sometimes a nice early handle by itself can start a reel project....or finish one that's been waiting for years.  For example, anyone who collects early 49, 149, 249 will be looking for coin edge 24-49's and wood knob nickel-plated 249 handles.

I figured a blue Penn handle would show up! 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Shellbelly

Quote from: Ron Jones on May 07, 2023, 06:34:16 AMHow about art deco glass door knobs?
Especially if they are so old they've turned purple.  I don't collect them, I've just seen the prices in antique stores.  Reel handles are cheaper.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)

Gfish

Remember "Aunt Clara" from TV's Bewitched? With the door knobs? I read that the actress actually did, in real life, collect knobs.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Maxed Out

Penn did put doorknob on a few senators from late 30's
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

The first speed hndles!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

JasonGotaProblem

Found this today
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Shellbelly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 11, 2023, 01:47:21 AMFound this today
That's for these two little guys, 180 and 185.