The WOW factor

Started by Maxed Out, February 20, 2023, 11:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Not mine, just posting for another member. All I gotta say is WOW !!!!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

WOW is right!  That is a really cool collection! 
Good to see a Maxed Out special in there too!  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

OK...who's the lucky member? That looks like one of Dom's stashes possibly. :al
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

I'll take a swirl-green, but 2nd only to the Maxed-out camo. Coolest handle with that fish icon out there.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

Those are life savers for restorations.  Mine are the opposite...seems just the crusty ones multiply here! 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

happyhooker

That is really something.  Art is where you see/find it.

Frank

broadway

Guess I missed this thread, thanks Ted.
Yes, Mo, you are correct... you know me well.\
Chad, you are correct.. the Max Doubt handle is worthy of being there.
The one handle that doesn't belong in there is the 9/0 handle and I say that because they're all pretty much 9's or 10's however, it's a unique knob as it has no oiler port and it's black.  It has been re-peened onto the handle blade, but was supposedly done by the factory... which it actually looks like it was.  I believe it was something Penn would do because I do have a couple Silver Beaches without the oil port, but have never seen a Senator without one.  I have recently added 2 more NOS 117 butterscotch handles, 2 more NOS 116 handles in red, and 2 more NOS 115 handles in red and green. It's one of my favorite subset collections.  Opening the draw makes me happy, but I have a plan for them so stay tuned...
Thanks for the kind words,
Dom

PS- The two ridiculously long handles were made by an Employee of Penn long ago, as I bought them from his daughter.  Ted got one also.  They fit the 49's and look so funny on the 49 cause it's considerably bigger than the reel.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

ExcessiveAngler

That is a sweet collection of handles!
I have a question?  Is it me, because I've never noticed any Penn oem blue knobs for their handles!
Did they ever make them?

Shellbelly

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on May 05, 2023, 08:30:37 PMPenn oem blue knobs

Blue shows up on the smaller casting reels of 109-size, etc.  Different style handle, though. 

I've not seen a torpedo, pill, football-style knob in blue that was made by Penn.  I've seen imitations on trade reels.  I don't know where those were made. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: Shellbelly on May 06, 2023, 12:03:37 AM
Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on May 05, 2023, 08:30:37 PMPenn oem blue knobs

Blue shows up on the smaller casting reels of 109-size, etc.  Different style handle, though. 

I've not seen a torpedo, pill, football-style knob in blue that was made by Penn.  I've seen imitations on trade reels.  I don't know where those were made.
Yes, I've noticed the smaller reels like the 109 had them, and I've always wondered why I never saw a torpedo handle, that's because they didn't make them lol!
They have almost every other color, darn it!
Wonder why the heck they never made blue lol?

Maxed Out

Did someone say blue Penn torpedo knob ??

Don't give up hope. They do exist
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 06, 2023, 04:34:34 PMDid someone say blue Penn torpedo knob ??

Don't give up hope. They do exist
Yep, that was me lol!
Ahhhh, There you go, the elusive blue unicorn does exist lol!
I really like all of the handles with the marbling, and that will be the first one, I've ever seen in blue!
I actually like them better than the barrel handles on my Mag powers!
There's just so much nicer looking then the solid black ones in my opinion!

MarkT

What, you can't get the reels so you just collect the handles? I'd heard of people collecting glass electrical insulators and thought that was crazy!  :d
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!