The Times Have Changed — Old Fishing & Hunting Licenses + Other Stuff

Started by foakes, February 22, 2023, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Still cleaning out clutter and excess stuff.

Found this envelope of old California Angling & Hunting licenses inside an old creel.  Came with a couple of old Fenwick pack fly rods in aluminum tubes, reels, some old wooden/rawhide snowshoes, and some Mexican silver and bridles made by some famous Californio lariet and spur maker.

Over 100 years ago, fishing and hunting licenses were $1/$2.

Now they are 50 or 60 times that amount.

If anyone knows of someone who collects these —- please let me know.  Want to get them out to someone who might need them.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JasonGotaProblem

"Meet your warden in the spirit of friendship. He is working for you."

Not sure why that stuck out to me but I like it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Midway Tommy

Dr. Elder most likely knows someone who's into collecting that type of thing. You might want to contact him.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Found a Coxe dealer repair kit for levelwind.

A very old steel Shakespeare Dealer Repair kit for small baitcasters.

Another old steel Pflueger Dealer Repair kit for baitcasters.

A vintage wooden Dealer Repair kit for Inglis of Canada (this was the name for Shakespeare in Canada 100 years ago).

If any interest —- let me know.

Just getting rid of stuff.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Brought in a bunch of rods —- then it got too cold to work out there.

Also found another 50, or so — old baitcasters.  Already have maybe 200-250 in bins.

Just tossed these in a 10 gallon bin.  Filled it up halfway.  There are more under the rubble and in old boxes.

These all need to go.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I'll be surprised if Paul doesn't jump on those casting reel parts!

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

oldmanjoe

:)  All good stuff that some one will appreciate ...      When i see something that i want ,i will say so . 
       Keep posting your clean up ,we are watching .....
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Sonnett

"Over 100 years ago, fishing and hunting licenses were $1/$2.

Now they are 50 or 60 times that amount." :ct

I'm 79 and still have my early hunting and fishing licenses from Ohio. Each was $2.25

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Sonnett on February 24, 2023, 04:09:14 AM"Over 100 years ago, fishing and hunting licenses were $1/$2.

Now they are 50 or 60 times that amount." :ct

I'm 79 and still have my early hunting and fishing licenses from Ohio. Each was $2.25.

Well I'm going on 73 and for the last four years my Hunting/Fishing/Trapping Combo License has been $5.00. There is one or two advantages to getting old, I guess, that & senior discounts.   ;)   :D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Paul Roberts

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 22, 2023, 09:59:36 PMI'll be surprised if Paul doesn't jump on those casting reel parts!
I'm trying to keep from wandering too far down that narrow tangled road. I'll have to find, or make, parts as I need them. Would like to know where Fred's  parts end up though, for future reference. And, it's good to know he currently has them.

Thinking of Fred while he deals with the unprecedented weather they're experiencing. I've been there.