Stuck bent butt

Started by Irishdevil0311, February 28, 2023, 11:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishdevil0311

Anybody got any tricks on how to get a stuck bent butt off a rod?

Keta

Gently heat the female side might work.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

Heat gun and penetrating oil . Spray when warm and let it cool off it will suck the oil down , than warm again .     Repeat several times and i should come free .   
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Marlinmate

i've been there.  It takes patience.  heat/penetrating oil...repeat. 

I've also used Freeze off....which is the opposite of heat. 

I had one that I simply couldn't budge.
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Squidder Bidder

A section of 2x4 scrap and a hammer - some judicious, light tapping on the 2x4 laid over the lower hood section after a good soak with penetrating oil may coax it enough.

1badf350

Quote from: Squidder Bidder on March 02, 2023, 08:06:17 PMA section of 2x4 scrap and a hammer - some judicious, light tapping on the 2x4 laid over the lower hood section after a good soak with penetrating oil may coax it enough.
This is what I do but I used a heat gun instead of oil
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"