Alcedo Reel Tutorials- Any advice?

Started by Fishgolfman, March 06, 2023, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

Picked uo a 2CS Alcedo that is very noisy . It spins and cranks fine. Probably bearing? I don't have schematic and breaking it down challenging but doable. I did defeat the Zangi delphinos and all others Zangis and have most working!

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

handi2

I hate to say it's more than likely the gears. At least in my experience.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Midway Tommy

Quote from: handi2 on March 06, 2023, 07:46:11 PMI hate to say it's more than likely the gears. At least in my experience.

Keith

My guess, considering the bearing & race design, is the bearings need some lube and the nuts need some finite adjustments.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Midway Tommy

On another note, Stephen, speaking from the voice of experience, if at all possible try to avoid a complete teardown of these style Alcedo reels. They are extremely difficult to get adjusted correctly so that they work smoothly. The slightest movement in those nuts, including the rotor nut, makes a huge difference in binding and gear mesh.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Fishgolfman

Thanks Tommy for sage advice on 2CS. Its not the gears as it really reels smoothly both with and without anti reverse. Checked all the teeth and pinion visually after removal of greases. Under the rotor!!! Does the nut come off clockwise? Will use the wood dowel trick to prevent damage to pinion when removing rotor nut. i could leave it alone as its fishable reel but love to tinker.

Midway Tommy

Reverse thread, as I remember, but work it both ways, back & forth, when you start and you'll quickly find out the correct direction to loosen the nut.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Fishgolfman

Hi Tommy. Took your advice and did not try to remove rotor. Plus it was not going to turn easily. There is a hole in rotor where i could spray silicone spray. Quieted reel down, which means i will be able to get grease on rotor bearings. Rest of reel was in need of lubricants.