Daiwa sealine 50H retrieve speed?

Started by pijon, February 23, 2012, 11:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pijon

I am looking at buying 1 or more of these used reels and I am curious as to the difference between the black frame with silver and the older brown frame with silver side rings? Also what is the retrieve speed  of the two models? Thanks in advance.

D impala95

I'm a trained killer.
It's killing time but please leave oversize sturgeon in the water.

Don Leitao

pijon

I am looking at some on ebay. Wondering the difference between them as I have a 47 h which is older (brown frame and a 47sh (black frame) and newer. The 47sh is a much better reel. Higher retrieve speed and main gear and drag washers are larger.

day0ne

All the 50H's Ive seen are the same color, flat black. Sometimes in pictures they may look a different color but they are black. The 50H is about twice the size of the 47H (450yds of 20 vs 280yds of 20) and doesn't have the levelwind. Alan has a rebuild post on them. Nice, simple reels
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

pijon

I use the 47's for salmon trolling.  They work great for that. The 50h is what my buddies have been using for casting crab snares off the jetty. Those reels get a severe beating so I wanted used and cheap which I got. Soon as it arrives I will follow Alan's tutorial and tear it down.

I am aware of the obvious differences between the 47 and 50. Just was wondering about differences between 50's depending on age if there is any.