Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Pulled out some of the stash.

thorhammer

more

thorhammer

wheres the silver

MarkT

Hey, I see a few without one piece topless frames... what's with that junk sneaking in and hanging out with the cool kids? :d
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

thorhammer

Some of those were built over 20 years ago lol

JasonGotaProblem

Very very nice. I love how you grouped them by color.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Finest Kind

Wow! Beautiful reels. I'm sure they are a blast to fish and catch with. Thanks for posting!

reelrepair123

reel  pretty  john, use them in the best of health.   harryk

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

I gotta give props to Ted. Whatever I ordered fro him these builds and sometimes randomly I end up with way more Maxed Out swag and other assorted things than I ever had a right to...like an Albacore Special with sealed albacore as packing material....and too many more things than I can count, and he made some of the knobs build-specific for me.

Of note: provenance on the 501 with green spool: Sal made me that handle / knob as a gift, and sent me the green spool another time when I had a MIB 501 SS spool he needed. Of course, I'd have sent every one I had, but Sal wouldn't take it gratis even tho he had given me a 29L-100 at his house when they were unobtanium. As I recall he said had two green ones and they were the test prototypes for Alan C's 501 spools. Not sure if Alan made them in production, but at that point I had one and Sal the other so that one holds a special spot. There's also another Sal mac daddy I'm not ready to show- That reel is on a Harnell Unlimited resto and I habve to finish it off, which is using the vintage Gudebrod Harry K sent me to match.

This thread would take days if I dissected every part in these reels, but thanks to the really creative and generous folks here at AT. Thank you all for spending my retirement.

Maxed Out

John, your reels are beyond spectacular and very inspirational. Love them matching custom rods also !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Thanks for posting & the pics they look really great, yes get to use them, while your fit & healthy, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !