New guy here!

Started by makojoe238, February 27, 2012, 12:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makojoe238

Hello all, I'm a first timer just wanted to say hi and what a great site.   I do a lot of fishing in the central NJ area both by boat and beach.  I always get my reels serviced but I'm going to dive in and start doing it myself.  I'm sure I'll be asking a question here or there but I'll do the best I can to search for the answer first on older posts.  I've never has a reel apart but I'm a fast learner.  Hop I can at one time or another contribute something of use.  Hello again.

redsetta

G'day and welcome Joe.
There's a few NJ fishos on here, so you're among friends.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Welcome makojoe, where are you at in Jersey. I fish off the Great Egg Harbor inlet. My boat is on the Chesapeake at the moment, but I'm going back to Jersey this season.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Welcome MakoJoe.  glad you joined us.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

MakoJoe:  My best fishing partner is Joe Licata is in Bradley Beach.  I fly back to fish with him in PR and in the surf at Bradley.  Check out Brielle, New Jersey circa 1950.  I'm in the white shirt walking toward the camera.  I wish I still had that hair.  :(  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Love the Ford single spinner in the background - what a beauty.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

kamuwela

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Nessie Hunter

Makojoe, Welcome to the site......
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

makojoe238

I fish out of Manasquan River, and hit the surf at Island Beach State Park.   I live just across the river from Trenton NJ on the Pennsylvania side.   I keep my Mako at Marine Max marina next to the 70 bridge.  Thanks for the welcome.

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 27, 2012, 12:54:30 AM
Welcome makojoe, where are you at in Jersey. I fish off the Great Egg Harbor inlet. My boat is on the Chesapeake at the moment, but I'm going back to Jersey this season.

makojoe238

What a fantastic photo!! Thanks for the welcome Dominick.

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 27, 2012, 01:15:04 AM
MakoJoe:  My best fishing partner is Joe Licata is in Bradley Beach.  I fly back to fish with him in PR and in the surf at Bradley.  Check out Brielle, New Jersey circa 1940.  I'm in the white shirt walking toward the camera.  I wish I still had that hair.  :(  Dominick

makojoe238

Thanks all for a great welcome!!