Penn Squidder measurements for 145 & 146??

Started by Eatmycatch, February 25, 2012, 04:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatmycatch

I have a squidder 140 I made into the smaller version. The parts I got from a friend (spool, seat, spacer bars). My question is does anyone know the correct measurements of the steel spool edge to edge to find out if I have a 145 or 146?

I'm thinking about acquiring a tiburon frame but I want to make sure of the correct number I have. Not sure if my spool is in fact a 145 or 146.

If this helps - The I have, does "not" look like it is steel over brass, it looks like a stainless steel spool... (but I could be wrong)

This spool measures 1 11/16" outer edge to outer edge. I measured the outer edges because some spools are aluminum and have a lip on on the inside of the spool, so measuring the inner edges of the spool won't help.

john2244

My squidder 146 spool measures 1 11/16"

Irish Jigger

Eatmycatch

Thank You John 2244, I must have the 146 then, that is what I thought but wanted to confirm it. Irish Jigger 11/16ths is very close to 5/8ths... ;) We both have 146's. Thanks...

anyone happen to know off hand what the 145 measures? I'm just curious as it is blowing a gale in my neck of the woods and there really isn't anything else to do... :)

Dominick

Eatmycatch:  Anthony (Panama) an Alan Tani member is looking for a spool for a 146 are the spools you're talking about extra or for sale, contact Panama.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

George4741

Quote from: Eatmycatch on February 25, 2012, 09:26:41 PM
anyone happen to know off hand what the 145 measures? I'm just curious as it is blowing a gale in my neck of the woods and there really isn't anything else to do... :)

My plastic 145 spool measures 2-3/16.  I don't have anything else to do, either.  ;)  ;D

George 
viurem lliures o morirem

Eatmycatch

Thanks George, That  sums it up then, as for the  numbers of the reels, corresponding to the spool sizes.

140 - 2 - 7/16 ths
145 - 2 - 3/16 ths
146 - 1 - 11/16 ths

Panama, I'm sorry I only have the one spool for the 146. It was hard to find. They do have them from time to time on ebay, but are over priced because Penn stopped making them and Scotts who used to carry them, ran out of stock.

But if money isn't an object and you really want to land one a search on ebay for a squidder 146 usually turns up a spool from time to time usually with up to ten people bidding on one spool though. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Panama

Quote from: Eatmycatch on February 26, 2012, 04:42:27 AM
Panama, I'm sorry I only have the one spool for the 146. It was hard to find. They do have them from time to time on ebay, but are over priced because Penn stopped making them and Scotts who used to carry them, ran out of stock.
But if money isn't an object and you really want to land one a search on ebay for a squidder 146 usually turns up a spool from time to time usually with up to ten people bidding on one spool though. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Hey Catch,
No worries.  I appreciate the thought.  I solicited on bloody decks (I was desperate) and I got a response from a (somewhat) local guy who has one for sale at a pretty good price. He actually has a few, so if anyone else is looking for one let me know.  I'am prob going to buy 2 or 3.  I am just leery of paypal when dealing with BD.  I probably will drive the 50 mins and pick it up.

Anthony
Get on the water, Man!!!

Eatmycatch

Anthony, It's funny you mentioned that about BD. This is the second time I've been on the BD site, and my computer starts acting up, as if someone held down the tab key on my keyboard which makes the curser go from link to the next link, on the screen... but it just keeps going almost as if there were a virus on it or something....very strange.

The only way out of it was to force quit my browser, & reboot. Is there something up with that website?

John

Panama

Quote from: Eatmycatch on February 27, 2012, 06:01:05 AM
Anthony, It's funny you mentioned that about BD. This is the second time I've been on the BD site, and my computer starts acting up, as if someone held down the tab key on my keyboard which makes the curser go from link to the next link, on the screen... but it just keeps going almost as if there were a virus on it or something....very strange.

The only way out of it was to force quit my browser, & reboot. Is there something up with that website?

John
Interesting.  That does not happen to me.  Run a virus scan, then disc clean up, and defrag, or have your computer checked.
But I won't worry much about not being able to access BD.  IMO, you are not missing anything!

Anthony
Get on the water, Man!!!