Quick Stationary Drum

Started by birdfin, April 14, 2023, 06:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdfin

I just acquired 2 of these reels.  The serial numbers are 77956 and 78126.  78126 has a regular hex nut holding the handle in place and the spool and shaft spin freely independent of any gearing.  Any assistance in repairing this relic of the past would be greatly appreciated.

Buster in SE Michigan

foakes

Post some photos and let me know what parts you need, and I should have them for you.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

birdfin

Fred,

I am in need of a handle nut, and if I can get the body open I can let you know what part I need to link the shaft back to the gears.

BusterSW68.jpgSW681.jpgSW682.jpgSW683.jpgSW684.jpg     

birdfin

open.jpgopen.jpgopnn1.jpgopen2.jpg   

birdfin

foakes

This should be what you need —-

You probably found the easy way to remove the sideplate without damage to the exterior or the reel.

Just unscrew the rear German Silver spool shaft support on the back of the reel.  Remove the (1) screw holding the sideplate.
Then using a 90 degree pick, or similar device —- just raise the sideplate from inside the reel body.

$10 + $6 shipping in a padded envelope.

PM me and we will get it on the way.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

birdfin

Gfish

Nice. Built like a little tank. I have one. The serial # is 028888. Real tight tolerances, especially where the side-plate fits into the gear-box.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!