Finally finished a huge project

Started by JasonGotaProblem, April 17, 2023, 12:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Three weeks and counting.

I tore up the grass, used chicken wire to sift out all the roots etc about 3" down, rented a force plate compactor and added about 2" of sand.

This was so much work. But it's finally finished. My wife loves it, my kid loves it, and it was great grilling out there last night.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thorhammer

Sweet, nice work! No money shot from the Egg???

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Oh I can show off a bit. A successful experiment, surprisingly fatty NY strip 2 hrs indirect heat at 250 after a quick sear on each side. Tender, moist, the fat well rendered.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Midway Tommy

Nice! Lucky you not having to deal with cold weather. Up here the frost plays havoc on sand based pavers & patio blocks and brick or tile concrete overlays.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Bill B

My back hurts just looking at that.  Good job!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

Looks great, now you need  pergola to keep te sun off your head :)

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Ron Jones on April 17, 2023, 08:52:06 PMLooks great, now you need  pergola to keep te sun off your head :)

The Man
Let me get on the water once or twice before we put that idea in my wife's head.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Midway Tommy on April 17, 2023, 04:59:37 PMNice! Lucky you not having to deal with cold weather. Up here the frost plays havoc on sand based pavers & patio blocks and brick or tile concrete overlays.
Yeah I suppose that would change things. I'd have liked a bit colder weather for the install though. We did it before it gets ridiculous in a week or two but it was still 90 and sunny.