9' star rod

Started by JasonGotaProblem, April 21, 2023, 05:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

It's a 9' 1 piece star rods "delux" no line or lure rating. I wouldnt call it a fast taper rod. But it is surprisingly light. It's not light, but a lot lighter than it looks. Trying to research it online doesn't yield anything remotely similar, so I assume it's a much older model. Does this look or sound familiar to anyone?

It def needs some TLC. Thankfully I already have some practice there. It probably won't stay a spinning rod, but I haven't made the final call there yet.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thorhammer

Good rods. I wouldn't go thru the effort to fully strip it to recenter the reel seat on spline for casting, thats just me. Rewrap with K guides and park a 4000-5000 series spinner onnit; whichever feels right. If you do, I expect it will perform excellently with one of your magged 5500 Abu's with 12-15 mono, but a spinner with 20 lb braid prolly out-throws that particular combo.

Ron Jones

I have several, none 9ft however. I use them a lot for in shore work. I have a 8ft 40# casting rod that had landed quite a few yellowtail.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"